computer/spawning trucks

Elias

Question

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, monsterjam1 said:

ok so if i have a really good gaming computer i can put like 12 trucks into a stadium and it wont be laggy?

It depends on the trucks and track. Stock v4 would work better than higher quality trucks. The same can be said about tracks. Just try it out and see what your computer can handle.

There's no limit on single player, other than just what your pc is able to handle. On multiplayer, servers generally have a limit, sometimes to only one and others may have 2+. You can't delete any extra trucks on multiplayer, though, as it crashes your game.

ok my computer is crap and it only can handle 5 trucks till it gets all laggy and another question is, for you guys with really good gaming computers have you got to the limit of trucks you can spawn in just so i can see if its another thing worth getting a gaming computer for 

2 hours ago, monsterjam1 said:

ok my computer is crap and it only can handle 5 trucks till it gets all laggy and another question is, for you guys with really good gaming computers have you got to the limit of trucks you can spawn in just so i can see if its another thing worth getting a gaming computer for 

lol dont worry my computer is crap too! it can olny handle 7 trucks

1 hour ago, monsterjamfan16 said:

lol dont worry my computer is crap too! it can olny handle 7 trucks

lol i want to save up for a better one so i dont have to worry about if a track is laggy or not and do more stuff with the game i couldnt do with this computer

It's been a while since I've used .38 so my memory is a bit foggy, but I seem to remember having issues in single player with more than four trucks spawned -- RoR would often crash unless I was using a terrain with little to no models/textures. I also remember issues with RoR crashing when removing trucks and trying to add new ones..39 and up seems to have fixed whatever the issue was because I can remove and add as many as I want with no crashes. As far as lag, I think it's down to your hardware although I suspect RoR (at least older versions) does not utilize hardware very efficiently, so I wonder even top-level hardware performs lag-free?

15 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

It's been a while since I've used .38 so my memory is a bit foggy, but I seem to remember having issues in single player with more than four trucks spawned -- RoR would often crash unless I was using a terrain with little to no models/textures. I also remember issues with RoR crashing when removing trucks and trying to add new ones..39 and up seems to have fixed whatever the issue was because I can remove and add as many as I want with no crashes. As far as lag, I think it's down to your hardware although I suspect RoR (at least older versions) does not utilize hardware very efficiently, so I wonder even top-level hardware performs lag-free?

ok thanks i would like to get a good computer and put about 12 trucks in a stadium but didnt know if it was possibly to spawn that many trucks without lag or crashing