Life 2.0

Edy

19 hours ago, acdcfan56 said:

I got burned out from this place a long time ago, honestly it's more on me though. But since I kept taking so many tasks that it eventually felt like more of a job then a fun hobby. Sucks I was advancing in ways I never thought would, now I can't even open blender for 30 seconds before closing it again. Join the club buddy, that makes what 5 now? Sucks but everyone is moving on

I think these are the big guys that were on that now don't do much (could be wrong)
Danny Mackey
Mark Colineri
Edy
Myself
Devin Doss
Aaron
Klayton
Soon Fern haha

Might as well add me soon, this site is so dead right now. I don't see it lasting another 2 years.

Honestly the whole monster truck community has been on a downturn IMO. There's no real strong community board anymore. Every Facebook group is an old school circle jerk with poor grammar, and this site seems to be getting slow. Leagues are few and far between now, and it's even rare when one seems to make it a full season. The old guard of content makers have passed and it's been a slow trickle for new members coming in. And really it's getting a bit too redundant for the whole monster truck community in general. There's no real life and breath anywhere like Mayhem and Draggers and even this site had back around 2008/2010-2014. This just doesn't seem like much of a happy place anymore. I do hope someday I'll come back and this site is alive and well, I really do.

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2016 at 0:42 PM, Charlie H. said:

Honestly the whole monster truck community has been on a downturn IMO. There's no real strong community board anymore. Every Facebook group is an old school circle jerk with poor grammar, and this site seems to be getting slow. Leagues are few and far between now, and it's even rare when one seems to make it a full season. The old guard of content makers have passed and it's been a slow trickle for new members coming in. And really it's getting a bit too redundant for the whole monster truck community in general. There's no real life and breath anywhere like Mayhem and Draggers and even this site had back around 2008/2010-2014. This just doesn't seem like much of a happy place anymore. I do hope someday I'll come back and this site is alive and well, I really do.

It always does though as it usually coincides directly with the real Monster Jam schedule as far as activity goes but I will say even that seems to be of little help anymore. If you value your brain you should avoid a majority of the Facebook groups, it's mainly people that want to argue no matter what then block you/remove you so they can play superhero. The slow trickle of newcomers, especially in regards to content creation is something that every single person on this site has a stake in the blame game for. So ten people make a Grave Digger, who cares? Everyone on here does or they wouldn't be bitching about it all the time. Why not just be happy new people are trying to make something and try encouraging them to finish their current project and drop a subtle hint of a possible followup project? The reason everyone makes a Grave Digger is simply because it's easy due to the abundance of resources for doing so in comparison to other trucks.

I stopped making content mainly because I lost interest after losing so many projects due to computer issues or hard drive failures but also because I simply couldn't make content of as equal quality to what was being made so I stuck to making improvements on things that were being overlooked for years like the gauges. I stopped posting what I made or was making because constantly having someone tell me it was terrible with zero constructive criticism to help me improve it got really fucking old fast. You don't have to like what someone is making but that's no reason to have ten project chapters bitching about it in the title and multiple posts. If you're so tired of it, shut up and make something because it really isn't that hard to get started compared to when this site first launched. I've enjoyed what this site has to offer and actually made some pretty cool friends because of it so it would be kind of sad if it died off but if things keep going as they are then that is inevitable conclusion we will come to.

By the way this site has only been around since 2011. ;)

• Upvote 3