What happened to King Krunch?

TheRetroStyle

I'm starting to wonder what happened to David Smith and King Krunch, because they haven't been seen in ANY event this year, if I'm right?

Did he retire like Chris Bergeron did 2 years ago? Or does he rarely compete like Mike Harper?

Also, do the following drivers still compete, or are they done for this year?

1. Marc McDonald - El Toro Loco
  2. Norm Miller - N.E.A.
  3. Travis Groth - Trouble Maker
  4. Tyler Groth - Double Trouble
  5. Jim Creten -  Bounty Hunter
  6. Dawn Creten - Scarlet Bandit

I'm starting to wonder what happened to David Smith and King Krunch, because they haven't been seen in ANY event this year, if I'm right?

Did he retire like Chris Bergeron did 2 years ago? Or does he rarely compete like Mike Harper?

2. Norm Miller - N.E.A.

Smith leased the King Krunch and El Matador chassis to FELD for the Basl brothers to drive in the #MoreMonsterJam tour. He might be doing a few summer shows and possibly more next season, but I am not sure.

As for the drivers on your list, Cretens and Groths do non-FELD shows during the summer as they drive for smaller promoters. Norm Miller is the Police Chief in his home town if I'm not mistaken, so he's probably working there. I'm not sure what's up with McDonald as his chassis is overseas in the Philippians and most likely going to Australia. He might be driving over there, otherwise he's taking the summer off after the busy first quarter.

Bottom line, don't freak out if drivers aren't in Monster Jam line-ups. Some do smaller shows with different promoters and tours while others might be taking time off to spend time with their families. 

• Upvote 1

David Smith has been busy with his fabrication shop, making rims and chassis's. Has hinted that they are building several new chassis's with King Krunch making a return next year. Like stated already both King Krunch (NEA) and Nitro Hornet (Mutt Rotty) were being driven by the Basl brothers for the moremonsterjam series stateside.

1. Marc appears to be taking the summer off thus far, even drivers need some time to recover after kicking their asses to put on a show for us fans.

2. Norm is a Police Chief now, I was honestly surprised to see him drive at all this first quarter

3. Groth brothers run west coast shows and are currently doing smaller promotion shows now

5. Same with the Cretens.

You rarely see any indy teams running MJ shows after vegas because most of them are smaller fairground shows stateside and alot more out of country shows.

2. Norm Miller - N.E.A.

3-6 have been running all summer for smaller events, and I believe Norm Miller was promoted to police chief for his hometown but was able to fill for all of the winter season, I don't think he will be back for the following season (I might guess that Colt Stephens will drive N.E.A full time)

Another reason you see less drivers competing in the summer is because FELD has 1 event every other weekend rather than 8 shows a weekend, like in the winter. So you're already going to see less trucks competing, since there aren't as many events. FELD also keeps the line ups for summer shows pretty much the same.

Hey Retro, I noticed you say Mike Harper rarely competes. He still competes a lot, you don't see him that often because he limits himself to Texas shows and the pit party at Vegas. He recently built a new truck (Thunder Chicken) and I think he owns a Monster Patrol, so I think that you'll start to see more of him starting in first quarter of 2016.

They're both from the same area and I could be wrong but I think Harper did have a hand in making the truck

The areas are close by, so yes. And Harper did help in making the truck. I saw it at it's first show literally hours after they finished building it and was told Harper owned it, so that may be where TheTruckGuy got that information from.

Hey Retro, I noticed you say Mike Harper rarely competes. He still competes a lot, you don't see him that often because he limits himself to Texas shows and the pit party at Vegas. He recently built a new truck (Thunder Chicken) and I think he owns a Monster Patrol, so I think that you'll start to see more of him starting in first quarter of 2016.

Not so much that. He only does first quarter shows because he races in other series during the summer and fall. He's gone farther than Texas to compete before.

Not so much that. He only does first quarter shows because he races in other series during the summer and fall. He's gone farther than Texas to compete before.

Oh! Good to know; I've always wondered if he competed outside of Texas with his Outlaw truck before.