Best Moments in Sim-Monsters History

maxdfandan555

I have quite a few memorable moments from my Sim-Monsters history.

First of all I was banned for almost a year, but was allowed back after not acting like an idiot while I was gone. Pretty fun time.

As Tom said, Season 2 was a real sweet spot for competition here on Sim-Monsters. I really don't think anything has topped that since. It wasn't just the actual competition, it was the whole package. Everyone looked forward to the weekends racing festivities. People actually couldn't wait for the weekend to have a chance to run in THE Sim-Monsters race series. The AIM chats were so much different, people had a great time in between races and freestyle; actually talked about what they thought would happen and had intelligent conversation as opposed to the stupid bollocks that gets posted in today's chats. Everything about it just worked, and I hope sometime we can get back to that.

I made it to the finals two weeks in a row late into the season, and Tampa and Syracuse. At that time, each week Josh announced who had been invited to the World Finals for that year, which I am almost certain was an invite only event but not 100% on that. Syracuse being the last week, there were 2 spots left for the finals. It was my first time competing full time, so I didn't have any big expectations. It came to a huge surprise to me that I was invited to the World Finals that week in Donkey Kong along with my good friend Tom driving Bulldozer back then. It really was an honor at that time, and I felt I made a big accomplishment.

About a week later, we had the Custom Finale, which I competed in with Night Rider. Again, didn't have big expectations, but racing didn't go too badly. Beat myself really, 1-tired coming down the final straight and admitted I did so. When freestyle came around, everything seemed to fall into place and I ended up holding the lead then sharing the win with Johan before anyone knew he was Johan, when he was known as Jon Cavallini. That came as my first "win", but it wasn't until a few months later that I got my first solo win.

It was Allmonsters Eve 2, and I had qualified well but was quite a bit off the pace of Mike Gresko. As it did in freestyle at the Custom Finale, every round just seemed to go my way. Got a little lucky along the way, was able to advance past Michael Murray(Crazy), Eric Myers, Harlow and finally Mike Gresko to take the win. Guess that really was the start of me wanting to win every racing bracket I got into, and I really worked on my skills to be able to do that.

Since then, I have been around for awhile. I was asked to help on the V4 truck pack and put a hand in to help it get finished. I've ran a few leagues, helped run quite a few different leagues and events, and have produced some decent content over the years.

I really have enjoyed my time here, and I hope to stay around as long as possible. 

• Upvote 4

Then came Robson and banned people for no reason

This is how I was banned. xD

I have quite a few memorable moments from my Sim-Monsters history.

First of all I was banned for almost a year, but was allowed back after not acting like an idiot while I was gone. Pretty fun time.

As Tom said, Season 2 was a real sweet spot for competition here on Sim-Monsters. I really don't think anything has topped that since. It wasn't just the actual competition, it was the whole package. Everyone looked forward to the weekends racing festivities. People actually couldn't wait for the weekend to have a chance to run in THE Sim-Monsters race series. The AIM chats were so much different, people had a great time in between races and freestyle; actually talked about what they thought would happen and had intelligent conversation as opposed to the stupid bollocks that gets posted in today's chats. Everything about it just worked, and I hope sometime we can get back to that.

I made it to the finals two weeks in a row late into the season, and Tampa and Syracuse. At that time, each week Josh announced who had been invited to the World Finals for that year, which I am almost certain was an invite only event but not 100% on that. Syracuse being the last week, there were 2 spots left for the finals. It was my first time competing full time, so I didn't have any big expectations. It came to a huge surprise to me that I was invited to the World Finals that week in Donkey Kong along with my good friend Tom driving Bulldozer back then. It really was an honor at that time, and I felt I made a big accomplishment.

About a week later, we had the Custom Finale, which I competed in with Night Rider. Again, didn't have big expectations, but racing didn't go too badly. Beat myself really, 1-tired coming down the final straight and admitted I did so. When freestyle came around, everything seemed to fall into place and I ended up holding the lead then sharing the win with Johan before anyone knew he was Johan, when he was known as Jon Cavallini. That came as my first "win", but it wasn't until a few months later that I got my first solo win.

It was Allmonsters Eve 2, and I had qualified well but was quite a bit off the pace of Mike Gresko. As it did in freestyle at the Custom Finale, every round just seemed to go my way. Got a little lucky along the way, was able to advance past Michael Murray(Crazy), Eric Myers, Harlow and finally Mike Gresko to take the win. Guess that really was the start of me wanting to win every racing bracket I got into, and I really worked on my skills to be able to do that.

Since then, I have been around for awhile. I was asked to help on the V4 truck pack and put a hand in to help it get finished. I've ran a few leagues, helped run quite a few different leagues and events, and have produced some decent content over the years.

I really have enjoyed my time here, and I hope to stay around as long as possible. 

Man remember when nobody wanted you back on the site? What mistakes we made letting that not happen. :P

My favourite moment in all honestly has to be the entirety of Season 2, specifically these parts.

Won overall

Lost racing title by 10 points

Lost freestyle title by 4 points

63efa9118e.png

Edited by RKM

Travis' 15+ birthdays a year.. Winning the Sim Monsters season 2 racing and overall championships in Ironman.  Fun times on teamspeak with stories that prolly shouldn't be mentioned on a public forum, and Johan's 10+ accounts.

Edited by Eric
  • Upvote 2

Nominee for the best worst post ever

wwc49.jpg

Anyways, best moments in my opinion were SM season 2 (especially WF2 Racing), IMTRS S1 (grabbed my first points championship), MROR S5 (Triple Crown Champ), KOTH Mini-Series, and more leagues being created still to this day after the Sim-Monsters Racing Series ended. Oh and one other thing.

FALL MADNESS 3............ NUFF SAID!

Edited by Tylinater

I really enjoyed doing the live streams back during season 1 and 2. I liked getting to announce for some of season 2, but even before that I really just liked being a part of the broadcast. Even if it was only being broadcast to 14 people lol.

I also remember back when I tried to qualify for my first event, the first pre-season race for season 1. I didn't know how to type messages in the RoR servers, (I didn't know you had to press 'y' to type a message so i was just trying to type without pressing 'y'). Every time I pressed 'i' I would keep re-spawning lol. I could tell liquid (who was running qualifying that day) was getting pretty frustrated, because he probably thought I was just trying to be annoying. Then someone else in the server under the name "Charlie Pauken" (who I assume was Josh, but I'm not sure) told me to "press y to talk." If not for this message it's possible I could have been banned from the site before I ever got a chance to race lol. So I guess avoiding that fate was pretty a good moment for me.

So like almost everyone else, my favorite times were season 1 & 2. Nothing compares to nervously awaiting your time to race/freestyle like I did back then haha.

Also: The days of the Goldberg songs and that week of Roach Will Pay were a lot of fun too.

Edited by ARF
  • Upvote 3