Tons Of Problems With ROR 0.4.6

Vaxen

Question

So I am trying to move from 0.37 to 0.4.6, and I moved my tracks in Documents/Rigs Of Rods 0.4/Terrains, and when I try to play the game, I get an error saying "The Terrain Name Cannot Be Empty". I have no idea how to fix it. How do I fix it?

Controller mapping does not work at all. How do you make it work?

Is it possible to make the camera stop moving like in 0,37? The camera moving in the way its fixed to the truck is highly annoying to me.

I have tons of unzipped trucks that wont show up in the game, even with regenerating the cache, but they show up in 0.37. How do I make them appear in game?

I desperately need help. I know I gotta move to 0.4, because many of the newer trucks wont work in 0.37, but so far, 0.4 hates me.  Please help me. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Vaxen said:

Not showing up at all when selecting trucks.

Although I compressed all my stuff now. Will try it tomorrow, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also, do you know how to convert tracks to 0.4? Is there a tutorial for it and is it easy to do? If I can, I'll gladly convert lots of tracks to 0.4

Yeah let me know, send me a picture too.  And no I actually don't know how to convert to 0.4 I'm sorry.  I kinda want to know myself.

2 hours ago, Vaxen said:

Also, do you know how to convert tracks to 0.4? Is there a tutorial for it and is it easy to do? If I can, I'll gladly convert lots of tracks to 0.4

Most trucks are converted or are .4 friendly. Just make sure things are .4 compatible, are zip files, and are in the right folders, trucks go in vehicles and tracks go in terrain. If you need an Idea of where the folder is then look in your documents for a folder like: Rigs of Rods 0.4. Good luck bud.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:49 AM, DJKBarn said:

Most trucks are converted or are .4 friendly. Just make sure things are .4 compatible, are zip files, and are in the right folders, trucks go in vehicles and tracks go in terrain. If you need an Idea of where the folder is then look in your documents for a folder like: Rigs of Rods 0.4. Good luck bud.

I said tracks, not trucks. I am aware most trucks will work.

I still haven't tried due to me getting sick yesterday, but I will try it later.

Nope.... my trucks wont appear, still. All my truck files from 0.37 have been compressed, and 0.4 wont recognize it as if it has anything inside... I tried it both in packs and Vehicles, and nothing happened. 

The file is about 10 GB and it is not corrupted. What do I do, now?

https://prnt.sc/ix7nb7

6 minutes ago, Vaxen said:

Nope.... my trucks wont appear, still. All my truck files from 0.37 have been compressed, and 0.4 wont recognize it as if it has anything inside... I tried it both in packs and Vehicles, and nothing happened. 

The file is about 10 GB and it is not corrupted. What do I do, now?

https://prnt.sc/ix7nb7

DM me, we'll take care of this.

I did just download the Black Pearl truck, however it has a couple of texture problems, so it's definitely not a standalone... it needs the pack, which I have, but wont get recognized.

Yes, I just DMed you btw

Also, I've redownloaded the V4 pack, and it works. So why wont my other pack work?

I tried to put my truck files in the SMV4 zip, and it wont show up again...