Exporting Issue in Blender

James O.

Question

Hey all

I'm having troubles exporting a set of headers to this certain folder imp using, and it gives me the .mesh.xml, but not the .mesh that I need. I'm needing this information so I can continue this project I have on hold

Sincerely, Dreadnaught YT

3 answers to this question

That is what it's supposed to do! You've done everything right.

The .mesh.xml needs to be converted to a .mesh via the OgreXMLConverter.exe file located in your Rig of Rods directory. Simply drag the .mesh.xml onto the exe and it'll automatically convert the file to a .mesh.

This works the same in both directions. If you want to view a .mesh in blender you'll need to convert it to a .mesh.xml first.

15 hours ago, WorpeX said:

That is what it's supposed to do! You've done everything right.

The .mesh.xml needs to be converted to a .mesh via the OgreXMLConverter.exe file located in your Rig of Rods directory. Simply drag the .mesh.xml onto the exe and it'll automatically convert the file to a .mesh.

This works the same in both directions. If you want to view a .mesh in blender you'll need to convert it to a .mesh.xml first.

Thank you! Now my new occuring issue is imported meshes' UV being lost and/or destroyed in the process of import. Any tips?

3 hours ago, James O. said:

Thank you! Now my new occuring issue is imported meshes' UV being lost and/or destroyed in the process of import. Any tips?

Not sure exactly, I've had that issue before though. What I usually do when I have issues with specific .mesh files might sound a bit weird. I create a fresh new blender file and import them into that. For some reason, that usually always works. From there, I save the new blender file and go back into my working truck blend file. Then go to file -> append -> new blender file. Then import the mesh in from that method. Usually works, no idea why. Hopefully it works for you if not someone else might need to chime in.