Edited V4s

P3ForLife Customs

Hey guys, question for you.

Some of you may know I've been running through my .38 mega file to pack up trucks to get them playable in .4. Over the years I took the SMV4 Pack trucks and switched around props, nodes and textures. Few to none of them are perfect BUT they're decent and relatively updated.

Things I've updated for example are Rims/tires to pretty much every truck, added spec/shine to most, some shock updates, a few chassis, very few but a couple complete updates (was trying to see if it would cut lag from a posted truck), a few node swaps (which DID throw off placement of some props or stance/realism of a couple trucks but they're still usable), probably other stuff but I've only gotten one truck zipped so far.

I don't want to step on any toes so I'm leaving it up to the community/ any original creators to decide:

Since I'm already in the process of packing things up, would you guys like a semi-updated SMV4 pack on the site? 

Lmk 

Damn just realized this was in intros..oops. wasn't really sure where to put a community post rather than a syp or something.

• Upvote 1

I had gone through and fixed some of the more important older trucks that still looked OK by today's standards (like wambos No Problem, Bigfoot 10/11, Boogey Van, etc) in a pack that isn't on SM. https://www.mediafire.com/file/csajw5m6bfzkpno/Rebuiltv4pack-v1.3.zip/file I think someone else had actually continued this pack after I stopped working on it too but I don't have a link to the higher versions of it.

Anyway, sounds like you're planning on going much farther than I had ever gone with this idea (I definitely never changed out node beams). I'm all for more rebuilt trucks! Feel free to use what I have already done in your pack too if it helps save you some time.

My only concern is that a lot of these older trucks have awful bodies/paint or they already have a new v4 version built of them. So, I'm not sure that going through and updating everything is worth your time.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, WorpeX said:

I had gone through and fixed some of the more important older trucks that still looked OK by today's standards (like wambos No Problem, Bigfoot 10/11, Boogey Van, etc) in a pack that isn't on SM. https://www.mediafire.com/file/csajw5m6bfzkpno/Rebuiltv4pack-v1.3.zip/file I think someone else had actually continued this pack after I stopped working on it too but I don't have a link to the higher versions of it.

Anyway, sounds like you're planning on going much farther than I had ever gone with this idea (I definitely never changed out node beams). I'm all for more rebuilt trucks! Feel free to use what I have already done in your pack too if it helps save you some time.

My only concern is that a lot of these older trucks have awful bodies/paint or they already have a new v4 version built of them. So, I'm not sure that going through and updating everything is worth your time.

Awesome thanks! I appreciate the response.

Years ago, probably summer 2017 I already went through and swapped props. The nodes I swapped for example is Swegs Avenger 2018 node onto prowler. Or the (I belive) 2018 chris kyle bounty hunter node onto scarlet bandit and q torque iron outlaw. So...REALISM and ACCURACY are completely disregarded for a lot of the trucks. I just customized them how I wanted. 

Right now all I'm doing is trying to get stuff usable in .4 so if I'm doing the work and packing stuff anyways, might as well post it if people want it 🤷‍♂️ 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:34 AM, P3ForLife Customs said:

Some of you may know I've been running through my .38 mega file to pack up trucks to get them playable in .4. Over the years I took the SMV4 Pack trucks and switched around props, nodes and textures. Few to none of them are perfect BUT they're decent and relatively updated.

Things I've updated for example are Rims/tires to pretty much every truck, added spec/shine to most, some shock updates, a few chassis, very few but a couple complete updates (was trying to see if it would cut lag from a posted truck), a few node swaps (which DID throw off placement of some props or stance/realism of a couple trucks but they're still usable), probably other stuff but I've only gotten one truck zipped so far.

I don't want to step on any toes so I'm leaving it up to the community/ any original creators to decide:

Since I'm already in the process of packing things up, would you guys like a semi-updated SMV4 pack on the site? 

Lmk 

Damn just realized this was in intros..oops. wasn't really sure where to put a community post rather than a syp or something.

That would be nice to see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 7:34 AM, P3ForLife Customs said:

Lmk 

Yeah I would love some revamp smv4 trucks in my life!