Show Your Projects Chapter 11!

JoshDIGRhodes

So uhm, bit of bad news for y'all. My bedroom comp is down at the moment, possibly for the count. Just so happens that it was the one I had Blender, my RoR Outrage, a couple other scribble projects and a good bit of my MTM2 stuff and if it's done for, then I've lost about 5 or 6 years of work that probably won't be replaceable. Here's what happened: I was playing around day before yesterday in either sketchup or blender one and all the sudden the outlet next to the desk that the computer was plugged into started making a hissing noise and about that time the computer's screen started to flicker then the thing shut itself off all together. It quit when I unplugged it. Don't know if it got damaged or not and I'm kinda worried about trying to find out. If the outlet is messed up then it could catch fire and as junky as my room is, well, it would be bad. let's say that. I'm going to try it tomorrow and let you guys know.

You could run an extension cord from an outlet in a different area of your house then.

So uhm, bit of bad news for y'all. My bedroom comp is down at the moment, possibly for the count. Just so happens that it was the one I had Blender, my RoR Outrage, a couple other scribble projects and a good bit of my MTM2 stuff and if it's done for, then I've lost about 5 or 6 years of work that probably won't be replaceable. Here's what happened: I was playing around day before yesterday in either sketchup or blender one and all the sudden the outlet next to the desk that the computer was plugged into started making a hissing noise and about that time the computer's screen started to flicker then the thing shut itself off all together. It quit when I unplugged it. Don't know if it got damaged or not and I'm kinda worried about trying to find out. If the outlet is messed up then it could catch fire and as junky as my room is, well, it would be bad. let's say that. I'm going to try it tomorrow and let you guys know.

it may not hurt to try and take the computer into a place like bestbuy, futureshop or the like and see if all the data can safely be backup or transferred onto another drive