Bodies and Chassis

AaronLurie

Question

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how I could go about getting a body or chassis I made in blender into the game with the 4-link bars, axles and tires there.

Thanks,

MJFanatic3

3 answers to this question

the chassis is just a prop, if you look in the .truck file towards the bottom you should see(under props) Trucknamechassis.mesh. For a body change the green part to for example truckbody.mesh. If you have to get the body lined up(if its not already heres this

props

28,25,9, 2, 4, 1.15, 0, -90, 0, Bagburbancrd.mesh

Dont mess with

fordward back word

side to side

up an down

heres and example from my truck, i included the extra for location awareness, so if you see something similar you know your in the right place.

flares

props

28,25,9, .45, .5, .75, 0, 90, 0, Bagsterchassis.mesh

28,25,9, .45, .48, 1.25, 0, -90, 0, hoodlessbagster.mesh

42,37,26, 0.5, 0, 0, 0, 270, 0, CrazyAxle.mesh

62,67,61, 0.5, 0, 0, 0, 270, 0, CrazyAxle.mesh

43,45,60, 0, 0, 0, 180, 0, 0, SIR4wsouter.mesh

You'll need to export it as a ogre mesh xml. On a side note I'd create a folder to keep all this in. When I export it blender creates a Mesh XML and a scene.mat(this is what gives your blender object color). Put both these in the folder(i'd also check to make sure all your materials IE paint is correct and working by opening it up and checking it.) So say your truck is called MJF i'd rename the chassis mesh to MJFchassis.mesh you then need to change the chassis' material file name to the same thing MJFchassis (if not exactly the same the textures will not show up in game) (do the same thing for a body just MJFbody.mesh and MJFbody). Then once youve renamed every mesh go to your C:\Program Files \Rigs of Rods 0.37.117(or whatever version you have)(if you have a 64bit system look under 86x program files folder) and find the ogre XML converter. I just take the xml in the folder and drag it over top and run it this way it saves it to the same folder(do it for both meshes) Now in your completely renamed t.truck files(rename it inside at the very top and the general file name.)(dont save as otherwise it will not make it a working .truck file, so start with one in the pack and just edit it) Now scroll down to the RED/Green parts above and change it to your mesh names. Once youve saved it make sure everything is renamed, body, chassis(unless sharing a pei for example with NO changes you can just use the one in the pack thats already correctly lined up.) You can then delete the XMLs as you've already converted them to meshes and then place your Textures(ie paint of your body) . truck file, meshes etc in teh v3 pack, clear regen and then test to see if everything is aligned. If not the very top part should help in knowing which numbers to change to get your object in the right place. ROR is very sensitive, so if you only need to move your body a small amount just use decimals .2, .9 etc till you get it right, if you need a drastic movement use whole numbers 1, 3 though much bigger will be a huge movement.

I know its a lot if your confused just leave another post ill try to get back to it.