so i just bought myself the GoPro

bottenator

photo-1.jpg

yupp, so just a few hours ago i got this sucker and a few accessories

now i just have to wait until the memory card i ordered arrives, which should be in the next few days

man these things are expensive though, my bank account just took a bit of a hit :(

what are you using this on? my suction cup was a utter failure on my rc cars, 3m sticky ones are the best. Not too expensive when you look at how much a hd camera costs, and these can take a beating. Mines is a hero1 hd from the motor sports package, kills the handling on my rc trucks, but the quality of footage is second to none for its size. I believe Eric also has both a hero and a hero2.

Heres mine to tease you till you get to use yours

what are you using this on? my suction cup was a utter failure on my rc cars, 3m sticky ones are the best. Not too expensive when you look at how much a hd camera costs, and these can take a beating. Mines is a hero1 hd from the motor sports package, kills the handling on my rc trucks, but the quality of footage is second to none for its size. I believe Eric also has both a hero and a hero2.

i can see how the suction cup would not work on an RC, but i dont own one atm, but holy crap that thing is strong on the right surface

im mainly going to be filming my scuba diving, mountain biking, and mountain climbing trips with it, with all sorts of other things that will likely pop up over time, mainly time-lapse

there is a video on the internet of someone from i believe Australia who lost their gopro while wind-surfing

a few months later fisherman found it and he got it back, the housing was covered in sea growth, but the camera, battery, and footage was absolutely fine

amazing quality with everything they make, thats for sure!

I had a hero2, returned it had issues where it would randomly turn itself off. I still use my regular gopro, saving up for another but I need more glass for my DSLR as well. GoPro's as long as you take great care of them will last a long time, and treat you good as well, the only downfall of the GoPro hero vs Hero 2 is the first one has a yellow tint to it during darker light and simulated light. If you got any questions let me know, but I doubt you'll need the suction cup mount, I haven't used it but it's always good to have around incase you need it but I haven't had one nor have I needed a use for one in the year or so I've had my gopro.

Heres mine to tease you till you get to use yours

[media=]

you do mj rc, i do too