Thoughts on Auto-Tune?

imComatose

As I see it, if they don't have the talent and skill to sound good with out voice editing, then they have no business doing it. I'm a devout rocker and metal head and can't stand what the music industry is becoming where any teenager with a pretty face can become one of the most famous people in the world overnight for having a computer sing for them because they have no singing ability whatsoever. (Takes a breath) Ya know what, I'll let this video do all the talking. found it on Youtube one night and had to turn it off after about 30 seconds so I wouldn't go psycho on the computer monitor.

As a musician and having the privilege to be in a band with my friends, I find that anyone that uses auto tune isn't a real artist. As a musician, you need to practice to get better, but not with auto tune! I can't sing to save my life, but if I had some auto tune, I bet I could sing like any of the so called "singers" of this generation of music. Even if I don't like a song, I'll respect it if the people used real instruments. But if you use auto tune, all respect goes down the drain.

As a musician and having the privilege to be in a band with my friends, I find that anyone that uses auto tune isn't a real artist. As a musician, you need to practice to get better, but not with auto tune! I can't sing to save my life, but if I had some auto tune, I bet I could sing like any of the so called "singers" of this generation of music. Even if I don't like a song, I'll respect it if the people used real instruments. But if you use auto tune, all respect goes down the drain.

Agreed!