keep me in your thoughts guys

SybilSixx66

I myself have only been in 1 car wreck. wasn't bad really. Had bad bruise on my knee is all. But they are certainly scary. I couldn't imagine with an 18 wheeler coming at me would feel like. Glad your ok thought Patrick.

yeah 18 wheelers coming right at you is scary stuff(my last post shows i know how that feels) but at least you can say you walked away from a car accident with a 18 wheeler. But i am glad to hear everything is ok i mean you could be in a body bag right now like sadly some very unlucky people are :(

It was scary seeing it right there and realizing it wasn't gonna stop. I remember the initial impact and getting out of the car and after, but there's nothing in between. I got out of the car on my own power after a couple seconds to get my self together and walked around on my own. I was scared when I got out but once I got my head together and calmed down a bit, everything was fine. I'm really lucky I came out as well as I did. I still kinda question if it really happened even though the evidence is still all around me and making it slighly difficult to move around but I'm managing alright

yeah i know what you mean....when the 18 wheeler was coming right at us rinning a red light i was lucky in out BMW and not our SUV so i was able to speed up really fast or the semi would have hit dead on on my drivers door and probably would have torn the car in half right where my dad and i were sitting...heck even after flooring it last milli second the semi came so close to the car we thought he scrapped the back bumper. But thats got to be a shock getting out and knowing you were actually hit by a big truck like the semi

It was. He said if I'd been a little bit more towards one direction he would have hit me head on, and that's something I don't want to think about. I'm just glad I'm still here and it's amazing to think I was that close to being gone and then walking away almost instantly after. It's really hard to describe what it's like without actually experiencing it first hand. It's just one of those things you have to experience to know what it's like. Oh, and the slow motion thing? didn't happen. my dad's told me it's been scientifically proven it does, but it didn't for me.

• Upvote 3

Thanks again, everyone. Mainly all that's left from the wreck are the buises and they're mostly healed. And for anyone who wants to see it, here's what my dad's car now looks like:

IMG_4686.jpg

Keep in mind that I opened the doors to get stuff out. It's unbelievable that I got right out of that and was mostly back to normal within a few days

I'm glad to be here too. It's really amazing. Most of the other people I've shown that to don't see how I'm still here, and I question it sometimes too. I'd heard that those imports were supposed to be incredibly tough and durable cars, and that proves it right there. What I question the most is how I managed to be in good enough shape afterwards to get out of the car almost immediately after and be walking around surveying the damage. I didn't even need the stretcher when the ambulance came. I walked to and got in the ambulance myself. And I didn't hurt much more than I did that night. I was feeling alright enough to go to a football game the next day and spend all day saturday out running around. I was feeling just like my old self, if that's an accomplishment, by the start of this week. Like I said, all that's left are the bruises and seat belt burn and you can't really tell they were ever there.

HOLY S@@T is all I can say, that looks brutual...if i was shown that picture i would think the driver was badly injured or killed. Glad to hear you were able to walk away from it let alone get out instantly to survey damage.....kinda curious to see what the other car looks like now though