Specific V4 load issue AND "fix?"

sdmfdisciple

Question

I've seen just about everyone successfully get the pack to work, but mine wouldn't load. I'm running the .37 BETA on a Mac 10.7.4. Not ideal.

Long story short, I messed with unzipping and removing files, and narrowed the problem down to one file: MonsterMotor.soundscript

After deleting this from the pack, it worked perfectly. To anyone familiar with the guts of V4, is deleting this file a problem?

Feel free to delete this post if it's deemed too menial, but if anyone else runs RoR on mac, hopefully this workaround could be of help.

4 answers to this question

being honest here, I think you might be 1 of possibly 3 people on here that are using a Mac, I am sure someone with a better understanding might be able to chime in but you might have to be patient for an answer

*EDIT*

derp your best bet for help just posted above me haha

Got a Fix with keeping sound script.

Heres what I did, Extracted files, re-compressed with Mac OSX internal compression tool.

Then moved that zip file to

Users/Username/Applications/Rigsofrods.app(ctrlclick show package contents)/contents/MACOS/STREAMS/DEV

Place Zip folder there. Profit, Enjoy!

Sadly that's not working either.

May be related, the directory users/username/applications does not exist, applications sits: MacintoshHD/applications. My older Mac had the other way, perhaps it's a newer OS design. I placed Zip folder in there regardless, no load.