V4 Causing Game To Not Work On My Laptop

Bobamatic

Question

I am having major issues trying to get V4 to work on my laptop. I am using the same operating system (Windows 7) that I used with V3 as well as the same game installer(.37.126) and the V4 I am using is the same one that is on my game pc which it works fine on. In fact everything is the same on my game pc (I copied all the files directly from it) except the operating system. Every time I try to start RoR with V4 and clear and regen the cache I get this screen when I try to play the game.

j0aS4ON.png

The drop bar that says default has no other options and clicking OK does nothing. The cancel button cannot be clicked at all. If I pull V4 out of the streams folder and clear and regen the cache the game works perfectly. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone tell me where to start at to find a solution.

My laptop specs are

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

2 gigs of ram

797 mb of video memory

Rigs of Rods v.37.126

Intel celeron dual core 1.66 ghz

10 answers to this question

I'm starting to think I may have a bad installer for .37.126. it just did the same thing with no v4 in streams. The only way I can get the other stuff to work now is to clear the cache and don't regen and let it run the scan when I start the game I'm going to try and re download the installer and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't I'll have to find you on aim Thursday or Friday night. I'm BobamaticZero on there.

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to let whoever saw this topic know that it wasn't V4 causing my problems, it was my RoR installer. Finally got it working so I can actually play V4 now. I've played it less than an hour total so far because of this problem. Hopefully Casey's link to .37.126 never goes away because I think it's the only one left.

for .37 i have to take the streams folder out start the game and get a blank menu like you have had before then place the streams folder back and start the game and then it will show up for .37 when ever i add a track or truck the clear and regain cash just messes up ,but it takes about 30 seconds so it dosent bother me