Do you want to keep or brin back the old MJ officials?

Lookey2000

Do you want to keep the current officials or get the old ones back?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want/don't want the old officials back

• Want old ones back
    • Keep Current

I understand their decision and why they use the RII's more often now. But i think they have a good balance between parts that have the chance to fly off a truck and parts that are secure when broken and won't fall off.

Take sway bars for examples. They can become loose and fly off. That could pose a potential problem such as the one in Tacoma. 4-links that are bent and not snapped, trucks are allowed to keep running. I think the officials over the past year have done a good job with it.

• Upvote 1

Well it's just that I think a broken truck freestyling is quite entertaining

I'm pretty sure you are the only person who chooses entertainment over the risk of a child being killed. Also, people keep complaining about FELD doing this and that, but what you need tor realize is FELD may not have the money to create giant obstacles in events, just like they may want to say money on their truck by not letting them get too broken. It irritates me that people don't realize that with a bad economy, budget cuts need to be made, less people going to FELD events, and FELD making less money equals, less of what people who follow the sport like us (we aren't really the target audience either) want to see.
  • Upvote 2

Well, I definitely wouldn't want that to happen. If they did bring back the broken truck freestyles I would be happy but I would at least want them to put like a fence in front of the stands or something.

]A fence can't stop everything, and it also goes back to the edit to my previous post I made (which I realize you probably didn't see before you made that post) that its cheaper to save the money and shut a truck off than buy fences to put around the whole stadium.

*stadiums

And they would have to stay up. It isn't like a football would kill someone but hockey's a different story.

I have seen a couple bad calls for RII's, such as the officials RII GD and Max-D less than other trucks. Now you can argue both sides saying that other drivers are "less experienced or have worse equipment, but the other side is that they are more biased towards them. Either way it does kind of get annoying when some trucks barley touch the barrier or "out of bounds zone" and get RII'd when Tom Meents slams into a barrier, 4 wheels on the tarp or even flips and breaks and keeps going when others are shut off for smaller reasons. It doesn't happen very often, but I have seen it before. I myself think that it is great that the officials RII trucks for the safety reasons such as broken parts, but need to be unbiased when making those types of calls.

• Upvote 2

Either way it does kind of get annoying when some trucks barley touch the barrier or "out of bounds zone" and get RII'd when Tom Meents slams into a barrier, 4 wheels on the tarp or even flips and breaks and keeps going when others are shut off for smaller reasons.

m-o-n-e-y.

FELD wants the kids and families to be happy by letting the best trucks run great and the others not so much.

Honestly, I think the way freestyles is now are perfect with RII's (with the exception of a few company trucks) 3 tired freestyles were a little scary with the chance of slinging out a spindle at something when you could see it still rotating inside the axle and kept thinking whats keeping that thing from slinging out at a moments notice. But also after the Tacoma incident which I'd rather not rather go into too much discussion about, a catch fetch wouldn't do much especially with the size and weight of some parts on a monster truck or with the velocity a part could be kicked off a truck.

NOTE: The thread will be locked at a moments notice..if this becomes a bash thread on FELD/Other Promotors/Drivers

• Upvote 2