Time to get a new computer...

JJfan48

Which PC  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which All-in-One PC is better?

• VIZIO All-in-One CA27-A2 w/ 27 inch monitor
    • HP ENVY All-In-One 23-c010xt

Computer is about 8... Yes 8 years old and time for a new one.

Currently running on:

2005 Dell DIMENSION

New 70GB Hard Drive and nVidia GeForce 4800

Currently runes with Windows XP Premium...

slow...

These are my favorites after looking at computers, cant decide, so choose for me :)

I want an All-in-one PC

and stuck between two.

So I'm asking which is best.

Option 1

VIZIO All-in-One CA27-A2 w/ 27 inch monitor

Windows 7, soon to be 8

1000GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

Intel Core_i7_3610QM Processor 2.3GHz

31NpD2wxzkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

or...

Option 2

HP ENVY All-In-One 23-c010xt

• All-in-one PC with Intel quad-core power for super multimedia, edge-to-edge HD display, wireless LAN, Beats audio, two year warranty
  • Operating system - Windows 8 64
  • Processor - 3rd Generation Intel® Core i5-3330S quad-core processor [2.7GHz, 6MB Shared Cache]
  • Memory - 8GB DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM Memory [2 DIMMs]
  • Hard drive - 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
  • Graphics card - Integrated graphics - Intel® HD
  • Optical drive - Slim slot load SuperMulti DVD burner
  • Display - 23” diagonal full HD widescreen
  • c03263365.png

If your looking for a pc for gaming, neither. Both have shotty graphics cards and ok processors and will struggle to run RoR with decent graphic settings. Your better off building one yourself and will not be disappointed when you see how well it will run any game for about the same price

• Upvote 1

im no comp person but a decent graphics card (not the intergrated graphics built in with the cpu)and around 4 gigs of ram and a nice cpu i would choose a i5 or i7 ivy bridge intel cpu myself. i was wanting to build myself a gaming rig so i made a list of what i wanted for myself and it came out to a little over 2k (without a monitor or mouse and keyboard.

Yea your going to need to get a decent card, and if your looking to get good fps at max graphics in RoR you'll need a pretty good card. Atleast 2 gb of Ram and you'll need a processor of atleast 2.6 ghz/sec which still isn't that fast but is good enough. This is what I am currently operating on my desktop and runs RoR and pretty much every other game with really nice graphics.

The thing about those desktops are that you can't change or upgrade parts. If your looking to play games, you may need to keep looking. PC gaming isn't too affordable, but I think its worth it.

Isn't affordable? Hardly..You can build a gaming rig around $900-950 bucks, you just have to know what your doing and looking for, vs a mom and pops computer you get a costco which is the basics processor and on board for 700-800 dollars.

Isn't affordable? Hardly..You can build a gaming rig around $850 bucks, you just have to know what your doing and looking for.

Yeah $850 isn't a lot really. I'm not sure how old JJfan is, but for most people my age, getting together $850 bucks isn't easy. I'm lucky I was able to gather that money.

One has integrated graphics and one has a laptop GPU, that's not gonna play games well at all if that's what you're going for.. the processors are on the weaker side as well (< 3ghz) I'd say build one, or look some more. You obviously haven't found deals yet.

*coughcough1337alienwareusercoughcough*

If either of those have room for upgrading, you can get a GTX series card and put it in, which isn't extremely expensive. Nevermind, just noticed they're both all-in-one computers. Please don't go with an all-in-one D: you'll be upset.

Another edit: don't get Windows 8, unless it's a touchscreen computer. Windows 8 is crap.

Not a fan of the mini cases, honestly theres no room for sli,...or liquid cooling. I'd be scared to see the temp's on those things period, but not bad prices though. I attached a picture of the internals of the case, and that just scares the hell out of me lol.

post-137-0-68041700-1354573262_thumb.jpg

Not a fan of the mini cases, honestly theres no room for sli,...or liquid cooling. I'd be scared to see the temp's on those things period, but not bad prices though. I attached a picture of the internals of the case, and that just scares the hell out of me lol.

Yeah, there's not really much room, but the temps are okay. It's upgradable to a point, until the PSU can't handle it anymore. Somehow the 330w PSU can handle 560 Ti's though, which puts the system at around 550w. I'm not disappointed though, it's meant to be a transitional PC from Xbox to PC gaming.

Definitely stay away from all in one's, save up a little extra and get yourself something that you can upgrade when needed. You don't even have to go insane with your setup in order to get good performance.