Collectible Cars

Roli Christinson

I wanted to post something to you guys. It's not related to monster trucks, but car collectors and fanatics alike will LOVE this. I wanted to talk about the Edsel brand. Most of you probably have never heard of it, but the Edsel brand ran from 1957-1960, and is considered the biggest automotive failure in history. The brand was named after Henry's son. It just did not sell well at all. But, today, the Edsel Citation Convertible is one of the most collectible and sought after cars in existence, as are many of the other cars. (I will post a pic of the Citation) Anyway, the brand was discontinued after the brand sold one half of it's expected sales in three years, and the company lost $350 million, equivalent to $2,790,410,959 in 2012 dollars. The amazing part is, 55 years after it's spectacular failure, the brand is one of the most recognized in the car collecting world. Here's a pic of a Citation. Also, this is an open thread, feel free to add cars you own, your favorite old and collectible cars, and let's all DROOL!

edselcitation2.jpg

My Friend's grandfather has a myriad of these: 1961-Nash-Metropolitan-Aqua-White-le.jpg

As well as one of these:

1967-Mercury-Cougar-600x4501.jpg But it needs some serious restoration

Another friend has a Chevy Scottsdale in near perfect condition that he is restoring the rest on with about 40,000 mi.

78K20Scottsdale_Brown_Tan%20006.JPG

Looks basically like that^^^^^^^

Yet another one of my friends is building a custom dune buggy with his dad, who knows what that'll look like.

Friend number who knows what's dad has a C6 Vette Grand Sport, and a modified Jeep Wrangler

And I have the parents who drive two Toyotas and live in the suburbs. Why.

• Upvote 1