Just another one of those days...

SybilSixx66

So here's how my day went. I promise it's a funny story, and I just need to vent a little.

I got up at about 5:00 so I could get in to work at 6:30 and still have some time to put gas in my car before. Well, I left about 5:35 or so, which was probably more than enough time to be honest. Anyways, about half way there, I'm coming across this huge open place, mostly cropland with the road raised above the fields, as it's a pretty common flood plane. Not too long before I got to that little stretch, I hit a fog bank so thick that I could barely see 15 feet ahead with my hi-beams on. And, wouldn't ya know it? I ran out of gas about halfway through. So there I am stuck dead in the middle of the road in some of the thickest fog I've seen, the sun is just beginning to come up, and it's freezing cold. So I put my flashers on like I'm supposed to, and just waited. thank god a couple good Samaritans stopped to help me. they were helping me to motion cars over into the other lane, although some idiot in a jeep driving like a bat outta hell nearly butt-raped my car at high speeds. They helped me push it over to a turnoff and get it off the road. Not long after my boss came and picked me up for work. I was only about 5 minutes late actually. Things got pretty hairy during breakfast but I made it through alright. but then here comes my mom who saw my car on the side of the road and freaked out.

So I made it through the day and then my mom came and got me so I could go and pick up my car, which my dad had been kind enough to put a little gas in before he went to work. So I got home just fine. Little while later I got out and put some more gas in my car and went to pick up my check. Went to Wal-Mart afterwards and nearly got T-Boned by some woman in a mini van who was pulling out of a parking space that had two huge trucks on either side. Got out of that, and on my way home I nearly had some woman run over me trying to back out of a parking space into traffic right at a red light. And then here we are.

• Upvote 1

That's every day here in Michigan.  I know people who have moved here from other states and can't believe how people drive here.  Days like that I'm glad I have a little somethin somethin waiting for me at home to calm my nerves.  (demko will get that.lol)  It's got to the point where I only drive at night when possible.  I go shopping at like 3 am now because I'm tired of dealing with people who have no patience or respect for any human life.  Glad to hear you made it out OK yesterday PM.

Thanks guys. It turned out alright in the end. And Rock, I thought that's what the hi-beams were for? And I can sort of understand what you're saying Bobomatic. I live right at the Tennessee River, and there's creeks and smaller rivers and lakes spread out all through here like a spider web and a lot of open, flat land that's usually pretty close to water as well, so the fog can get pretty bad here at times although it's mostly cleared off by noon. And the view from the top of the big bridge over the TN. River at sunrise? Words cannot describe it.

Picture this: You're standing on a bridge about 75 feet over a calm river at sunrise. The morning air is nice and crisp with a gentle breeze blowing. To either side of you a city is just beginning to wake up and start the day. And below you is a fog so thick you'd think you're above the clouds themselves. And occasionally you'll see a flock of blackbirds or a couple of gulls fly by. That's how it looks. Still, you'd just have to see it to get the full effect.

Nope b/c fog is filled with tiny water particles. The more the light, the more reflection the fog will give off, thus making visibility zero to none. The less light, the better. God i sound like a damn science geek lol. But yeah, don't make that a habit.

High Beams are for when its really dark out and your in a place you need to see more of the road then the normal brightness lets you. Fog lights are bright yes but they are designed to aim directly at the road and dont cause as much reflection while your bright headlights illuminate more there also creating more reflection.

I go shopping at like 3 am now because I'm tired of dealing with people who have no patience or respect for any human life. 

Yeah like who doesn't want to go shopping at 3AM? Its like the coolest thing ever, seriously. I am so doing that when i'm older. And if I get stuck in the middle of a crop land I AM OUT OF THERE. Im too much of a ninnie to stay there in the dark, haha.