Truck Making Livestream

runt9

Hello all,

As many of you know, I have made a couple trucks for this game. Some of you are surprised at how quickly I can churn them out. I honestly don't think we need more truck makers around, but I think it'd be really cool to see more people get into it and start making stuff.

The common misconception is that you need to know blender to make trucks! However, you could not be further from the truth. Now yes, if you want to model something from scratch, blender is useful, though I'd rather use a true modeling program like 3ds Max or Maya. What you REALLY need is the ability to use Photoshop and have the basic knowledge of how to navigate through blender. That's really it.

So, with that said, I think it'd be really useful for many people out there aspiring to learn truck making to have someone show them START TO FINISH how to make a truck for this game. I don't yet know when I'll have the time to do this, but I would like to do a live stream showcasing the entire process of how I personally make a truck. I'm thinking I might do this sometime next weekend. I will go into as much detail as possible, answer questions, etc. It should theoretically take about 3-4 hours, so be prepared to sit through all of it. But you will learn everything from how to import into blender to paint the body to export and edit the truck file. I will also record this so people can go back and watch it later, as well.

• Upvote 7

Will it be recorded so it can be watched later? I'm going to be at parades and down in the city for the Super Bowl next weekend. :c

Check below

... I will also record this so people can go back and watch it later, as well.

i'll assist if you need or want any help. I like stuff like this.

I think the major problem with most amatures is people who don't understand or want to understand idealogy. Even at the DMA, the people i work with all zealous with the desire to make games simply refuse to think or process concepts in their work. it's pitiable to watch and it's a leg up if you want to get started

• 3 months later...