Another one of those days...

SybilSixx66

Well, I am now convinced that my car does in fact hate me. My little bro and I were on our way out to our grandparents house for lunch. Just a ways out of town, we feel the front end of my car lurch really big, and then the front end drops out on the left and I see that tire go rolling right across 3 lanes of traffic and bounce off the curb and into the woods. My parents came by a few minutes later and that's when the real fun started. Me and him, who are the tallest people in our house both being over 6 feet tall, had to cram ourselves into the almost nonexistent backseat of his cavalier to finish the drive. Now for the future, I've got a full schedule at work this week, my next and only other day off is Saturday, and I get paid on Friday. No clue how long it'll be in the repair shop or how much the bills will be so this week is gonna be an absolute hell. Wish me luck guys, I'm gonna need it.

Oh, and about the damage to the car: it screwed up the fender pretty good, and I'm gonna need a new brake rotor and new lugs, maybe even a new wheel too. Not looking forward to that either.

Unless you know how to replace a rotor and tire yourself. I suggest you take it to a shop. You have to be very careful with them and cannot always just super tighten them. Plus you'll probably need new bearings and maybe a caliper. Hope the best for you Patrick!

They most likely will. But I will admit this one was my fault. Last week, I thought that tire was flat and I took it off to check if I needed to put the spare on. turns out it wasn't, it was jut low. so I put it back on but apparently didn't tighten the nuts as much as I should have so I went a week with a loose tire. Made one hell of a racket, but I didn't know what it was. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Sorry, couldn't resist doing that.

They most likely will. But I will admit this one was my fault. Last week, I thought that tire was flat and I took it off to check if I needed to put the spare on. turns out it wasn't, it was jut low. so I put it back on but apparently didn't tighten the nuts as much as I should have so I went a week with a loose tire. Made one hell of a racket, but I didn't know what it was. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Sorry, couldn't resist doing that.

I better not stay around you too long (kidding) but seriously you have some terrible luck. Kind of have to blame yourself with this since you had the tire off and possibly tightened the lugs up in the wrong pattern (cross pattern, you tighten one on say the left side of the wheel then you want to tighten a lug to the right side) and I've read a few stories online about loose wheel or a wheel coming off, sometimes they just come loose over time so it might be a good idea to reassure yourself they are tight every now and then...especially if you hear an odd noise then it should warrant your attention before something does happen. Best advice I can give you or anyone is to take care of your vehicle so it will take care of you. Hope nothing else happens to you.

I better not stay around you too long (kidding) but seriously you have some terrible luck. Kind of have to blame yourself with this since you had the tire off and possibly tightened the lugs up in the wrong pattern (cross pattern, you tighten one on say the left side of the wheel then you want to tighten a lug to the right side) and I've read a few stories online about loose wheel or a wheel coming off, sometimes they just come loose over time so it might be a good idea to reassure yourself they are tight every now and then...especially if you hear an odd noise then it should warrant your attention before something does happen. Best advice I can give you or anyone is to take care of your vehicle so it will take care of you. Hope nothing else happens to you.

I didn't tighten the nuts enough. Looking at the tire, you could see ovbious wear on both the lugs and their slots on the rim where it had been wobbling like crazy. I'm just really lucky there weren't any cars on the other side of the road at the time, that would have been a disaster. We got it towed off to the repair shop before nightfall, so maybe it won't take too long to get it fixed up.

And I mentioned it was making a strange sound? It sounded like a freaking helichopter was flying just overhead all the time. Not to mention it was shaking like crazy. Told my dad about it and he thought it was something with the axle.

Seems like it. I got the car back a little while ago, runs just fine again. can't say the same for my day though. Got hammered with a rush at work right after I came back in off my break, completely blindsided everyone there, not to mention we were out of or nearly out of all of what was being ordered. Then I had to stay almost an hour late trying to get dishes done that should have been done before I even got there this morning. then onto the restaurant opening preview party. Was pretty good. Barbeque sauce was a little too spicy for my taste, but some of the best barbeque that's locally available. Waitress was cute too. then got stuck at my mom's concert rehearsal, she's a great singer, got my car then came home.