Meteor hits Russia, many injured

JJfan48

Actually  meteors hit the earth every day we just don't know about it because they are small enough they don't do any damage.  This one just happened to be at the right place at right time.
They never really hit earth, they disinegrate before they reach the surface

They never really hit earth, they disinegrate before they reach the surface

Really? Because unless they changed my science text books that I last read when I graduated high school a few years back they would like to disagree with you on that.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/weather/weather-blog/bal-wx-5-questions-on-meteorsasteroids-answered-20130215,0,4478620.story I actually just googled (very helpful) this article and I quote..

"How did the meteorite over Russia go undetected?

Easily, most meteors (the overwhelming majority) go undetected. Thousands of them impact Earth every day, but only rarely one this big of course."

-Eric

the reason that meteor wasnt detected was because it was too small to be seen by the equipment used to detect oncoming meteors/ space debris like eric said there are hundreds of thousands of these sort of occurences a year it just so happened that mother russia got a rare upclose show of one most go undetected and un noticed.