The Chassis Thread

Lookey2000

Here's the best way I can compare the 2 chassis's.

Cohen Chassis:

A Cohen Chassis is inhouse bulit down at Digger's Dungeon in the Grave Digger shop. Grave Digger #19 was the first, Grave Digger #20 would follow. Them it would be redesigned and Adam Anderson ran that one, first as Taz and now as Grave Digger The Legend. Then littler modification would be made and other trucks were made (Lupe Soza's 'Advance Auto Parts' Grinder, Grave Digger #24, #25, & #26, Son Uva Digger, Wolverine / Iron Man, Monster Energy, and the latest is Blue Thunder). The biggest give away for me is that the front of the chassis is welded onto the truck.

3dd4f2e3-baf7-41b3-a683-0881fee2cf6e.jpg

CRD Chassis:

A CRD chassis is built by Carol Racing Delevopment. It's based off of Adam Anderson's Grave Digger The Legend chassis. It was made so this type of cassis could be sold to independent teams and even to FELD for some truck. Basically so any monster truck team can have this kind of chassis. Here's some examples (Frank Kremel and John Seasock's 'Advance Auto Parts' Grinder's, Madusa, Metal Mulisha, Taryn Laskey's Monster Mutt Dalmation, Bigfoot #19, Rolling Thunder). The biggest give away again is the front of the chassis. But on CRD Chassis's it's a little taller and it's bolted onto the chassis.

bigfoot19-2.jpg

Hopefully this helps a little.

Basically a CRD uses a laser cut cradle brace where Cohens are are tubing. The front halo for these trucks can be welded or bolt on, most CRD are bolt and Cohens seem to be half bolt on/half welded. Another big difference is the shock towers and how they are braced, CRD have a crazy split center brace and a back angled rear shock tower brace where as Cohens are straight up and down. CRD's are generally all the same while Cohens have had several generations

gen 1: Diggr 19/20, Taz/GD The Legend

gen 2: SUD/GD24/GD25

gen 3: wolverine/iron man, GD26, monster energy, mohawk warrior, soza's grinder, blue thunder

CRD

CRDchassis1.png

Cohen (monster energy/mohawk warrior)

monsterenergychassis.png

not really they are both pretty identical  Tim Carroll actually measured up Adam's chassis and put his own touches to his version of the chassis. From what I was told, FELD did not want to keep bogging down the Digger shop with making chassis's so they contacted Carroll to produce some (which Carroll also offers the general public).

well that style of chassis has definitely changed the industries views on chassis layout. Low center of gravity and the fact you can run long stroke shocks (generally 26" front 30" rear) angled for even better suspension action are huge bonuses. but the negative side of them is you have to really beat on them to make them look spectacular.

Basically drive the snot out of them during freestyle to make the truck look spectacular doing it's various moves. Correct me if I'm wrong but as an example wasn't it Dennis who said he'd have to drive Digger 12 hard in fs to make it look good?