2nd gear

raptor660f700

Question

11 answers to this question

I've done it but only holding the brakes for a second. I use a controller so if it seems like the truck is starting to stall I can burp the throttle while still holding the brakes. Just takes some attention to how the truck is reacting.

Racing I usually shift while in the air over the first jump to 2nd and stay there unless the turns are extremely tight like part of Fall Madness II, freestyle I usually stay with 1st but go back and forth sometimes if it's a large track like Springfield/Indy. If there are no jumps at the start of the racing track then I usually just start in 2nd just watch you don't stall on the line or you're going to have a bad time.

• Upvote 2

I've had that problem as well, usually I hit my brakes while shifting down into 1st, to keep the truck from stalling. Everyone has their different driving styles whether it be aggressive, calm, crazy, or a combination of other qualities of driving. What other people use also plays into factors as the way I drive with a wheel when hitting the brakes with a wheel as some of my friends as they use controllers and keyboards. You would have to test some stuff out and try to see what works best for you as you attempt to hit the brakes mid-air, hopes it helps!