How Will/Did You Get Into The Monster Truck Industry

BigfootFanTV

Well I graduate from high school in the beginning of June this year and later on in that June I will start going to automotive training school. This here begins my long awaited journey on getting into the monster truck industry. After automotive training school I will then go to business school so I can open up my own small business to cover some costs of my monster truck, maintenance wise any way's, while everything I earn from the monster truck goes right back into the monster truck. After business school I will stay home for about 1 year to 1 1/2 years. Then I will move out to wherever monster truck team I will work and crew for (2 teams I have in mind that are the closest to me are Rettew Motorsports in Lancaster, PA and The Slifko's in Pottsville, PA). Once I have worked and crewed for them, drived for them if I am lucky, and got my small business up and running, I will then begin to build my monster truck, which I will call Quiet Death. After the monster truck is complete I will work on and drive my monster truck all over the country until I am dead.

It's a 10 to 12 year goal I have set for myself to work on and drive my own monster truck.

So that's my story and plan on how to get into the monster truck industry and work on and drive my own monster truck. So now I ask you people, what are your plans to get into the monster truck industry? If you are already in the monster truck industry, how did you get involved?

I will Get into it by going to an Automotive tech school and Volunteer if I can with local teams so I get some hands on experiences working on the trucks and eventually work my way up. After few years with a local team I will build my own truck and hopefully be a successful driver also maybe get into Monster Jam. My truck will either be The Kraken which will be a 1947 Chevy pickup on a racesource chassis and My other option would be The Cherry Bomb which would be a 78 El Camino on a front engined wilman style chassis

I'm hoping to get an associate degree in automotive technology and get a job at a dealership or some shop. From there I'll either volunteer for a monster truck team or just begin making my own truck.

• 1 month later...

In the future, I, hopefully, will try to get a job at either of these 3 locations nearest to me: Bigfoot 4x4 (Hazelwood, Missouri), and Concussion Motorsports. I want to start off by building chassis and helping in the shop, then going on the road with the team, then maybe getting the opportunity to drive. After a few years driving, I will begin constructing a chassis of my own. I have 2 names in mind for me and my twin brother. Double Destruction ( seams we're twins) and Twin Terror. Probably both 2012 Chevy Silverados.

Im building my own truck. It is currently at a stand still because of lack of funds and time to work on it. I have a mostly finished chassis, a set of APL axles, and a 540 merlin. MY bailout truck for ROR is pretty much what the real deal is going to look like.

Win the lottery.

But I do plan on hopefully going on to UNOH (University of Northwestern Ohio) of Wyotech after I graduate this year. I've already set myself to work on nothing but monster trucks. It is what I have to do, and what I will do for a living. I can't take anything but it.