Mediafire

lookin4myscooter

I'm not one to complain, I hope this doesn't turn into a complaint thread, but I really rather the downloads be hosted through SM then mediafire. I have been fighting this sight tooth and nail for a year or so, with blasting my computer with virus ads to get the content, and as I'm sure most of the people who run this site care about their computers, and understand this concern. Also not getting to download things and having to "try again" and the page breaking or getting "broken" files. I have fought this with other free content sites linking through mediafire. Was just wondering why some go through mediafire and some go through SM?

I would love to have the files hosted on our site as well, unfortunately that is more expense than im willing to pay for, if people donated to me to keep the site running, maybe we could have the ability to have files hosted here, unfortunately this is the real world, and nice things come with price tags.

• Upvote 1

Well is there another you can beside mediafire, I mean when i go into doughboys Goodyear tires, it won't work at all mediafire is aa stupid and dumb website, and the mediafire keeps giving viruses, it crashed my old computer, and its making me have a virus on my new one now, do mediafire is stupid.

Thanks for the feed back. I was just curious why it changed between sources so much. I thought it was something I was doing and didn't realize it, thinking I could "fix my own problem".

@RockCrwlr, my issue usually only comes with the "try again" or "repair your download" when it doesn't download the 1st time, other than that it's fine.

@Liquidfire, I didn't know people could donate to this site, I also understand that running a website is pretty expensive, let alone building a good one.

@Hagan, slow down a bit, keep in mind that you should have an anti-virus program, like MacAfee or something. Mine expired and I can't afford the little extra to renew it. Let's also not turn this into a bashing thread. I don't like mediafire, but lets not bash it. Please don't begin bashing SM staff or the way they do things either. Idk if you add content or not (I can't get blender working, so no track making for me until by some miracle I begin to understand it), but it's pretty tough to make all the stuff they do, run this site, keep watch over things like this, and keep up with their daily lives, not to mention we don't pay them for all the free stuff they work hard to provide us with.

Get rid of McAfee and get AVAST Home FREE edition.

I use mediafire religiously, and I have never once, ever got any indication of a virus/malware/etc.

Sure you get a pop up for that iLivid Live Player or whatever, but, I'm sure you are smart enough not to click it.

• Upvote 1

I've never had any problems with Mediafire, other sites etc etc. I download many, many files. I have no virus protection and my firewall is completely disabled. All it takes is a hint of logical thinking to know what to click and what not to click.

If you're getting viruses you're doing something wrong.

If you get Adblock Pro (Chrome and Firefox extension) you'll never see an ad/pop-up again. Including YouTube ads.

I have never gotten a virus from mediafire, I just meant that the ads are virus ads (they usually contain viruses), and I know not to click them, but my internet is slow now that I moved to the country and the ads also slow it down. Anyway, as I said before, I was just seeing if I were the one controlling it, but I'm not. The Mrs also installed Google Chrome now so I don't have any problems with mediafire. Sorry if I come across as complaintive, or even condescending sometimes. She explained to me that I do and I never realized it, but looking over some of my posts in past threads, I have seemed complaintive. I don't intend to be and I apologize for it, especially to the SM staff, I may have seemed ungreatful at times for all they do, but I am thankful. Also sorry that I' so long winded..

I'm not one to complain, I hope this doesn't turn into a complaint thread, but I really rather the downloads be hosted through SM then mediafire. I have been fighting this sight tooth and nail for a year or so, with blasting my computer with virus ads to get the content, and as I'm sure most of the people who run this site care about their computers, and understand this concern. Also not getting to download things and having to "try again" and the page breaking or getting "broken" files. I have fought this with other free content sites linking through mediafire. Was just wondering why some go through mediafire and some go through SM?

I personally do not care for mediafire and am waiting for it to go the way of megaupload however I've never gotten any viruses from it, usually some tracking stuff from before I had adblock plus but not so much anymore. If you "got viruses from mediafire" then you probably had them before you went to mediafire. I use gamefront, mediafire, and 4shared for hosting my stuff that way if one site should go down I have 2 more as backups if I delete something I didn't mean to.

Well is there another you can beside mediafire, I mean when i go into doughboys Goodyear tires, it won't work at all mediafire is aa stupid and dumb website, and the mediafire keeps giving viruses, it crashed my old computer, and its making me have a virus on my new one now, do mediafire is stupid.

You more then likely already had the viruses before you went to mediafire but the tons of ad popups it has can make some computers struggle with loading them all.

I've never had any problems with Mediafire, other sites etc etc. I download many, many files. I have no virus protection and my firewall is completely disabled. All it takes is a hint of logical thinking to know what to click and what not to click.

If you're getting viruses you're doing something wrong.

If you get Adblock Pro (Chrome and Firefox extension) you'll never see an ad/pop-up again. Including YouTube ads.

That is true for the most part but I've encountered a few ads that it does not block which are usually video adds but theres plenty of other addons for both browsers to deal with that if you know what you're doing.

Free antivirus at least the stuff I use: Superantispyware free edition, spybot search and destroy, malwarebytes, and AVG Free.