Atlanta 2014 Backflip Ramp Fail

CameronMaxD

I was so excited to go on the 11th of January this year and during free style Monster Energy was driving and he got stuck on the backflip ramp and no one could do it and it made me so pissed.

Does anyone think that they are still going to keep backflips and they will be there next year because I want to see one and I never have gotten to in person now thanks to Coty Saucer

http://prntscr.com/2wigbb

Wasn't his fault. The bus's roof just wasn't strong enough to hold the weight of the truck like other buses usually do in Monster Jam. It was just an accident that no one knew about. It happens. To be honest, Coty was laying down a run that day, it was the bus's weak roof for failing and giving in. And im pretty sure they are going to keep at least 1 back flip for world finals 15

... its just that it was unfortunate his machine broke there... its not like he can control when or how it breaks exactly... btw get the name right...  Coty Saucier

maybe if the other drivers were daring enough, and they had another part of the track to work with... maybe pull a jacksonville cam mcqueen flip 

my final words on this are Do not blame it on him.... the other drivers had fair chance with the rest of the track to do a backflip..

/rant type thing

Backflips are overused and overrated, which therefore makes the show mediocre rather than the other way around. i enjoyed the show put on in my hometown arena in tacoma more than i did World Finals 14 and 13. this years track design in the dome was superb. when the track and show is centered around backflips, it devalues everything else and restricts creativity in obstacle design. it goes from being all about creative use of the different obstacles to being all about one trick. One trick ponies are only fun for so long.

• Upvote 6

No backflips? whats bad about them it finally brings something new into Monster Jam, the past few years have just been the same mediocre show everytime except for a couple saves and air by the big names.

And? Backflips have turned into a popular move for monster trucks this days, and they have become annoying for some people. Its a very awesome thing to see a machine like a monster truck do a backflip but i mean, being honest, before monster jam put backflips ramps on their tracks, i think shows were better dude. I mean, have you seen runs from 2006? or 2007? or even 2000? Or any year before this backflip thingy came? they didn't have backflips, and damn, those runs were good, people was happy. In my opinion shows would be better if Monster Jam said bye bye to backflips. But they are not going to, because kids like that, kids = parents, parents = money, money = FELD is happy.

• Upvote 2

My favorite years were probably about 06-09 because thats when they could get air and there were still good trucks like Blue Thunder even though hes back I liked the old one better. I just think it would be cool to see one in person see if I like it and you never know I might agree with you but you have to admit if they land a backflip and can keep going that is something to get you on your feet

No backflips? whats bad about them it finally brings something new into Monster Jam, the past few years have just been the same mediocre show everytime except for a couple saves and air by the big names.

Wait what?!?! Did you just say Atlanta the past couple of years have been mediocre shows. Did you not see the 2012 show or 2013 show??? How about the show this year? Atlanta is always one of the best shows of 1st quarter. 

• Upvote 2