ROR on Mac

dcahall

Question

Hey guys, I need some help. I've followed the tutorials on RoR website for installing the packages, but everytime I launch the program it crashes. I know this priamarely played on PC, but all I have is a mac. Is anyone here running on a mac? Im on a Macbook Pro, running 10.6.8, 2.4ghz Intel processor, with 2gb ram. I use to race back in the MTM2 days.

9 answers to this question

Lol, I'd be happy to just get the damn thing working with the trucks and tracks to just play by myself offline. I can't even do that yet. Any ideas on how I can at least do that WITHOUT selling my mac? Like I said, RoR will work fine, but as soon as I install the zip files into the folder I will launch the program and it starts to start up, but then it crashes.

Because Mac's somehow crashes Cifpo. Never been a problem on other servers just Cifpo

If that's the main problem, then he should be alright. Have to check some league servers, but other than tbat, not much of a problem.

It's not macs that crash cifpo, it crashes when two people have two different vehicles with the same name. The original burnside had a different number of nodes than the latest one but they have the same .truck file name, causing the server to break. I've never seen macs actually break it.

Lol, I'd be happy to just get the damn thing working with the trucks and tracks to just play by myself offline. I can't even do that yet. Any ideas on how I can at least do that WITHOUT selling my mac? Like I said, RoR will work fine, but as soon as I install the zip files into the folder I will launch the program and it starts to start up, but then it crashes.

Sorry I have no idea how to fix it, I think you would get better support on the rigs of rods forums, they seem to have more experienced mac users than we do.