(tracks)Virginia Beach 2014

Tom P.

File Name: Virginia Beach 2014

File Submitter: Tom P.

File Submitted: 13 May 2014

File Category: Tracks

Here is Virginia Beach 2014!

I loved the track layout so I decide to make this awesome track. The racing is straight line drag and the freestyle features a cool vegas style middle jump and 2 bus stacks.
Mirror 1 is High Resolution and Mirror 2 is the FPS version.
I hope you all enjoy!

Credits:
Track Model - Me
Track Texture - Klayton and Me
Car Models and Textures - Slick
Backhoe texture and model - Terminal Reality
Various textures on the track - Klayton, Google, Me
Mark Colineri - Jersey Barriers

And to everyone that tested this project.
Johan Seminario
Mark Colineri
Dan Agosh
Aaron Lurie
Julio Vellon
Devin Doss
Mason Watts
and more!

Click here to download this file

As I said before many things are wrong on the track you might want to update it or something.

I wouldnt use the word many. I would think its more along the lines of very small details I didnt add. The track is right. I fixed the water being closer to the buses. Your statement is invalid. 

The scale of the track is pretty off and visually doesn't look much like Virginia Beach. There's a lot of simple things that could've been done to really improve this as a replica. I applaud you trying to make the track though and did enjoy it. I've got some photos that might be of use if anyone would like references.

• Upvote 1

If it was replicated correctly I wouldn't have said anything. I'm not tryin to be condescending, just offering some insight since I was at the event and walked the entire track. Like I said before, the scale of the track is way off. The racing lanes are way too long, the ramp placements aren't right and most of them aren't the right angles.

If it was replicated correctly I wouldn't have said anything. I'm not tryin to be condescending, just offering some insight since I was at the event and walked the entire track. Like I said before, the scale of the track is way off. The racing lanes are way too long, the ramp placements aren't right and most of them aren't the right angles.

I see what you mean. Although in this game (using v4 trucks) where the trucks are geared as if they are in a vegas style racing (possibly even faster) , I feel as though maybe the altered scale is necessary. The larger scale in the game makes for more space when hitting jumps because of the speeds that they will be hit at. As for the ramp placement, the only one that seems visually off is one of the bus jumps, other than that there are no other MAJOR differences in ramp placement. 

Agreed with Dustin.

This video should give a better perspective.

Disregarding the surrounding area, which I agree is not as important in correlation to the actual track.  However there are some major issues with the track itself.  The race lanes for monsters, quads, and tough trucks are way to spread out.  The overall width of the beach is skewed along with this, and certainly the length is compromised as well.  As Dustin stated earlier, the no mans land is far out of proportion.  Gearing differences aside, it cannot be considered a true replica given the major scaling issues.  Although major, they can be corrected.

Game play: I do not like how the bumps/natural sand imperfections were removed for racing, but added for freestyle.  I understand this makes racing even for both lanes, but the challenge of working the lines of a straight line course is amplified with them.  That was honestly my favorite part of the 2013 track.

There are 3 different Virginia Beach downloads, all of which miss the bar in some way, shape, or form.  Please do not ignore the advice and tips we are giving to you.  And do not think we are disregarding the work you have put into this project.  This track has a TON of potential.  I hope you reconsider your stance and take some more time to create a quality replica track that'll be known for years to come.

Agreed with Dustin.

This video should give a better perspective.

Disregarding the surrounding area, which I agree is not as important in correlation to the actual track.  However there are some major issues with the track itself.  The race lanes for monsters, quads, and tough trucks are way to spread out.  The overall width of the beach is skewed along with this, and certainly the length is compromised as well.  As Dustin stated earlier, the no mans land is far out of proportion.  Gearing differences aside, it cannot be considered a true replica given the major scaling issues.  Although major, they can be corrected.

Game play: I do not like how the bumps/natural sand imperfections were removed for racing, but added for freestyle.  I understand this makes racing even for both lanes, but the challenge of working the lines of a straight line course is amplified with them.  That was honestly my favorite part of the 2013 track.

There are 3 different Virginia Beach downloads, all of which miss the bar in some way, shape, or form.  Please do not ignore the advice and tips we are giving to you.  And do not think we are disregarding the work you have put into this project.  This track has a TON of potential.  I hope you reconsider your stance and take some more time to create a quality replica track that'll be known for years to come.

I truly do appreciate all the advice given and Im glad people are giving the advice cause that will make me just a better track maker.

I didnt really like myself not putting the ruts in the sand for racing, but as you said, I did that purely for the lanes being even. The ruts do add a cool and interesting twist but I was worried in a style like Virginia Beach which is straight line, if there was one little rut, it could make the entire lane uneven and unfair to the other racers, because unlike in real life, the terrain can't be deteriorated in game. 

As for the spacing and what not. I completely agree with everyone said about the spacing on the track. Yes it is over scaled. And unlike many of my other tracks, I did not put as much time in this one. I did not use as many references either. I will make sure in newer tracks I do attempt to replicate that I'll take more time to find more quality references than what I used on the making of this track.