Trucks not showing up in selection screen

Tylinater

Question

Recently, I've encountered some problems involving V4 trucks. What happens is that I download the new recent downloads off of sim monsters and put them into my v4 pack. After that when I clear and regen the cache, it skips the "incremental check new files" part. Before this problem happened, I had about 720 trucks in the v4 pack including seperate versions of several trucks and it worked fine. Now when I download new trucks into the v4 pack, it skips the part listed above and all the trucks wont show in selection screen.

I ask, could the amount of trucks be contributing to the problem??

5 answers to this question

Instead of hitting Clear then Regen, try clicking only Clear, then open the game. It may not do it on the first go, but it usually works for me whenever this happens.

I recently tried that method and it didn't work. What I figure is that there is a certain limited amount of trucks you can put in the v4 pack before something like this happens. For me right now at the moment, 720 is my maximum limit. If I put more than that amount in the pack like if i added one more truck to the pack, the result is that all the trucks wont show up.

But that's just my opinion. Any other ideas i could try?

BTW, I looked back in the ror.log and it reported this.

OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): c:\docume~1\mainuser\mydocu~1\rigs of rods\vehicles\smv4.zip - error whilst opening archive: Unable to read zip file. in ZipArchive::checkZzipError at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreZip.cpp (line 280)
19:42:59: error while loading single Zip: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): c:\docume~1\mainuser\mydocu~1\rigs of rods\vehicles\smv4.zip - error whilst opening archive: Unable to read zip file. in ZipArchive::checkZzipError at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreZip.cpp (line 280)
19:42:59: error opening archive 'c:\docume~1\mainuser\mydocu~1\rigs of rods\vehicles\smv4.zip'. Is it corrupt? Ignoring that archive ...
19:42:59: trying to continue ...

Seems to me like the problem is that some of the newest trucks have corrupted files. As far as I know, the only trucks so far that have that problem is Roach's Monster Patrol 2014 and Voth's Wrecking Crew/General Tire 2014 2 pack.

I will suggest something to maybe avoid this. when adding truck to V4 pack, instead of clearing/regening the cache, Just remove the SMV4 pack from the packs folder(put it on your desktop) then start up Ror or regen the cache. then exit the game and re add it and just start up the game. Works for me all the time