Issue with Lag

Sergeant Politeness

Question

10 answers to this question

It's most likely RoR itself as it's rather poorly optimized in comparison to other games. If I'm lucky I average around 20fps with everything low @ 640x480. You could also look and see how much resources other programs are using that you may have running in the background that may not have made a difference in the past but they might now.

It's most likely RoR itself as it's rather poorly optimized in comparison to other games. If I'm lucky I average around 20fps with everything low @ 640x480. You could also look and see how much resources other programs are using that you may have running in the background that may not have made a difference in the past but they might now.

I've ran an optimizer program so that may help. I ran on 0.37 would 0.38 be more optimized? Total shot in the dark since I know nothing about internals of the program just that it used to run much smoother 

Sounds like something on your laptops end then, I have been running the same ROR since I started playing back in 08 (that includes moving it over from my old PC's harddrive to my current one). Your computer has not updated anything recently and you are certain that the cpu/memory usage is within check?

Sounds like something on your laptops end then, I have been running the same ROR since I started playing back in 08 (that includes moving it over from my old PC's harddrive to my current one). Your computer has not updated anything recently and you are certain that the cpu/memory usage is within check?

I'll check up on it. I'm off for the week so I'll be spending some time tinkering with some stuff on my end to see if it helps, and if not I always have my desktop