.Truck File Problems

MonsterJam0614

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

well technically it is a text document, when you go to save it, it will still retain the .truck notation.

idk if he means that when he changes something in the truck file that it makes him save as and duplicating instead of just saving it

I think after he edits the .truck file he's going to file/save as and trying to save it as a new document. After you make your edits to the truck file just hit file/save then X out of the text document and you should be good to go. No need to save it again under xxxx.truck

3 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

Your v4 pack is not extracted from the sounds of it. 

1 right click on the v4.zip

2 select extract all

3 extract it to your vehicles folder here:C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Rigs of Rods\vehicles

dun

I extracted the files, and when i go into the game there are no trucks from the v4 pack. Do i have to keep the smv4 pack in packs and extract it? After i extract it, should i leave the compressed file in packs because i extracted from desktop and the trucks don't show up in game.

What I did exactly was Extract everything to the vehicles folder then i created a new folder called 'Monsters'

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Rigs of Rods\vehicles\Monsters

Then i put all my V4 files into this Monsters folders and when i download a new truck i put that .zip into the monsters folder as well

if you don't see the V4 trucks in game you need to either add or remove any .truck file so ROR will read the directory when loading.

On 2/15/2016 at 2:35 PM, Outlawed said:

even if you edit the truck file and save the changes it should not be making a duplicate of the file, I have never had an issue in the several years I have been around making stuff.

it always made me save as instead of just saving until i extracted it to the v4 folder i dont know why it does that to me but as long as it works im fine with it