0.4.5.1 Truck Issues

Tylinater

Question

Hello, I just got 0.4.5.1 and i find it very interesting. One of the things i was concerned about is the trucks. Now I downloaded the v4 pack for 38 and yes it does work for 0.4.5.1 however i noticed that there are some issues with the trucks and other things that need to be addressed along with some questions.

1. When I put the truck into 2nd gear, it will act like it's in the drive gear and shift down to 1st w/o me pressing the page down button.

2. At random times when I'm in 1st or 2nd gear, the truck will somehow shift to neutral w/o me pressing the d button. In fact, I've tried to shift it into neutral and the d button won't work.

3. Now since where are at the beginning of the switch to 0.4.5.1, trucks and of course tracks need to be converted. Now involving trucks, what files were changed and what specific changes were made to said files in order to have a truck be compatible with 0.4.5.1 cause so far I don't see any changes? If there aren't any changes, can I just take a stock truck that was made for 37 and just plop it into vehicles folder w/o changing anything?

4. The usual method for downloading trucks into the vehicles folder for 37 is to extract everything from the zip and plant those files into the vehicles folder. On 0.4.5.1, that same method doesn't seem to work, it won't show trucks in the game. How come?

PS: If you have an answer or comment to one of these issues, please put the number of the issue you are referring to. Thank you.

4 answers to this question

1 and 2) In the Config go into settings/gameplay and uncheck arcade controls

3)If you are asking about your smra truck in specific (which I have already done, likewise with Steel Phantom and Metal Gear) I had to backtrack to locate all of the files (mesh, materials, textures, etc) so that everything will load. Past that there are some spec maps issues with the shocks that require some altering to make work.

4) With things being standalone you just leave them in the zip and put them in the vehicles folder. If the truck in question is missing anything it will not load correctly or at all.

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

1 and 2) In the Config go into settings/gameplay and uncheck arcade controls

3)If you are asking about your smra truck in specific (which I have already done, likewise with Steel Phantom and Metal Gear) I had to backtrack to locate all of the files (mesh, materials, textures, etc) so that everything will load. Past that there are some spec maps issues with the shocks that require some altering to make work.

4) With things being standalone you just leave them in the zip and put them in the vehicles folder. If the truck in question is missing anything it will not load correctly or at all.

1 and 2) The arcade controls basically says that if u hold the brake (down arrow) key for a period of time, it will switch into reverse. Ever since I got 0.4.5.1, the arcade controls box was unchecked and I've always kept it that way. The only gears i use is 1st, 2nd, and reverse. No Drive or Neutral. The problems that I'm having is that not only when I put the truck into 2nd gear (Not on the drive gear), the truck will automatically shift down to 1st gear without the press of the page down button but also when I'm in either 1st or 2nd gear, the truck somehow at random times shifts to neutral without the press of the d button. I tried to shift to neutral with the d button and apparently, the d button does not work. I keep pressing and pressing on it to no effect. In version 37, when I put the truck into 2nd gear, even when braking to a stop, it does not auto shift back to 1st gear. In version 37, never have I seen a truck randomly shift into neutral w/o the press of the d button and BTW the d button did work in 37 to effect. I know that we're just beginning the switch over to the new version but is there a fix to these issues?

Edit: The gearbox mode that I've always used is Automatic Shift (page up, page down for shifting) and when I've tried to re-map the controls, none of the buttons worked to any effect and yes I'm using a keyboard.