Monster Jam Video Game

OffRoadKelly

Ok we all know that so far all of Monster Jam's video games have been disappointments. In this topic I want to know what all of YOU want in a Monster Jam game, and what you think would make it worth buying

Honestly, unless Monster Jam releases a type of game that uses the physics engine from BeamNG or Next Car Game, I don't really see the point of getting one anyhow.

I mean hell, look at here, with just some time and patience you can make any truck and track you'd ever want and all for free.

• Upvote 1

Not all of Monster Jam's games were disappointments in my opinion.

The first game, Maximum Destruction, although very unrealistic, was basically the only thing I played during childhood. It was one of the most fun games.

Also, Monster 4x4: Masters of Metal was honestly the best one. Again, so many hours spent in that game on PS2.

Also, you shouldn't blame Monster Jam for making "bad games". Monster Jam doesn't make games. Activision does. The whole reason they make the games the way they do is so it reaches a broader audience. They can make the most realistic game they can, but it won't sell many games because it's such a niche audience. Not selling many games=loss of profit.

• Upvote 5

Honestly unless they make a game as easy to modify and user friendly as this one right here I'm not spending a dime on their games.  By downloading 3 basic programs you can make tracks, trucks and play a realistic monster truck game all for free.  Not to mention it has unlimited possibilities if you have the creativity, skill and patience to learn

• Upvote 1

Blender- http://download.blender.org/release/  OR http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/361-blender-249-essentials/

Most people on here use 2.49 a or b.  I think a few use 2.60 (correct me if I'm wrong).  Second link has all of the things you need to make blender work. uses 2.49

Paint.net- http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

You can use what ever paint program you like, how ever it seems that unless you have Photoshop, this is the next best option

Rigs of Rods Toolkit- http://www.rigsofrods.com/wiki/pages/RoRToolkit

Getting things in-game that is apparently easier than other ways

Hope this helps! Cant wait to see what you can make!

Honestly I don't think activision will EVER make a great game. the best games from them I have seen is the nascar games.... as for a new monster jam game if they were making one it would have already been released... not saying there wont be but there probably wont... the best you will get to monster jam is rigs of rods

Most of the Monster Jam games published by Activision are made for younger audiences. Younger players make up the majority of the gaming industry since, lets face it, adults don't have all the free time in the world, and what little they do, isn't spent laying video games for hours on end. Kids could care less about realistic physics, they just want a game that entertains them. If you were 6 years old again, woulx you rather do exactly what you see on TV, or would you want to smash houses, jump over enormous 100 foot drop ramps and destroy a whole city with a Grave Digger. If I was still pretty young, the second option would make much more sence, and seem so more fun to me.

• Upvote 2

If you were 6 years old again, woulx you rather do exactly what you see on TV, or would you want to smash houses, jump over enormous 100 foot drop ramps and destroy a whole city with a Grave Digger. If I was still pretty young, the second option would make much more sence, and seem so more fun to me.

Well said.

• Upvote 1