Twitch TV users, you better take notice.

CMDeerfoot

Just wanted to let those of you who use Twitch TV to stream stuff know that you'll need to be on the lookout, because the Google integration has begun; specifically, they've incorporated YouTube's copyright bot. That means if this bot finds copyrighted material in any of your videos, it will mute the ENTIRE video; that means that a lot of the videos of streams by leagues here on the site more than likely will be affected. This also means that streams going forward will either have to not use music at all, or use music that is free to use; as crappy as that is. I had a feeling this was going to happen since Google bought Twitch, and sure enough the bowing to the big wigs in the music industry continues; now I'm not condoning stealing of music, but the iron fist they're using is getting ridiculous. But I just figured I'd give you all fair warning, and here's a video by Boogie2988 explaining what's going on in a little more depth.

• Upvote 1

Just caveman ass backwards thinking from a corporation that is stuck so far in the past I am surprised they even know how a computer works. F*** Youtube for spawning this bullshit system and F*** Google for continuing it.

• Upvote 6

One of the channels I'm subscribed to on YouTube has been doing streams on Hitbox.tv recently. From what I've seen, it lks really similar to Twitch, so we might be able to stream over there from now on. Gonna have to check it out some more.

Well I can officially say we have found something better to use than Twitch. Hitbox. Even if this whole Twitch deal didn't happen, there's no reason to go back to Twitch. Hitbox is 1000x better. So for this new site:

• No Stream Delay 
  • Interactive Polls (To say...let the audience decide who they think won a close race or let the audience decide the freestyle winner in case of a tie, etc)
  • Ability to change quality
  • Google doesn't own it
  • We can use any music we want
  • Much better layout flow
  • Ability to add sticky's

http://www.hitbox.tv/Sim-MonstersSpecialEvents Channel for special events.

EDIT: Shout out to Devin for setting up the polls and sticky for you guys to see.

• Upvote 1

Stream delay is good for people playing multiplayer games that stop ghosting or stream sniping. Polls would only further cause BS that almost always happens when ROR monster trucks are streamed. However point 4 makes everything moot