Race #1 -6/19/11 - Minneapolis, MN - Metrodome

Casey Graves

Thanks to everyone who showed up and sorry to the ones who missed it because the error on my part, we will be starting on time next week, I'm gonna change the times around some so check them out later in the week. Congrats to Oggy and Eric on their wins tonight, racing was incredible and freestyle was unbelievable. Hope to see everyone next week for Detroit, just a teaser the course will be very similar to this.

• Upvote 3

WOW is all I can say about tonights competition. I wanted to go out tonight and rock the house with the debut of Iron Man, which I can say I did..not in Racing like I wanted, but I killed freestyle, the save I had, I dont really remember what happend..but I turned into it and gassed hard and pulled out of it. Man what a competition though, from Ryan Anderson, Auz, McCauley everyone that tore it up tonight great job!

• Upvote 1

Yea, I'm a bit upset nobody messaged me on AIM, but I guess I'm not the only one. Maybe if you're postponing it, don't change your minds?

Not our job to hunt you down on aim, if you want to race or qualifier you send the person(s) an IM.

Congrats on the wins guys...still hate my computer.

• Upvote 3

no its not anyone's job to hunt people down, maybe its just something us old mtm2 vets are used to. granted we never got the turn out numbers that this game gets so getting lost in the shuffle is not a surprise. just a bummer that I missed the event because I was really looking forward to it.

• Upvote 2

no its not anyone's job to hunt people down, maybe its just something us old mtm2 vets are used to. granted we never got the turn out numbers that this game gets so getting lost in the shuffle is not a surprise. just a bummer that I missed the event because I was really looking forward to it.

Yea same. People actually used to look for people to qualify. I thought people used to go the extra mile for their fellow fan and racer. But not in today's world I guess.

It's just frustrating to read that the event was postponed so I didn't message anybody, then nobody massaged me, so I thought the race wasn't happening. And then it did, and considering I've won the two most recent Sim Monsters events I figured somebody would at least show a little of a damn. But nope.

Also; queue the downvotes, they're coming in spades these days.

• Upvote 2

Yea same. People actually used to look for people to qualify. I thought people used to go the extra mile for their fellow fan and racer. But not in today's world I guess.

It's just frustrating to read that the event was postponed so I didn't message anybody, then nobody massaged me, so I thought the race wasn't happening. And then it did, and considering I've won the two most recent Sim Monsters events I figured somebody would at least show a little of a damn. But nope.

Also; queue the downvotes, they're coming in spades these days.

Dude relax, we did have over 30 people qualify so it was pretty busy for Dig who was qualifying them and he had "QUALIFYING OPEN" as his AIM status for quite some time as well. Sure it sucks some people missed out but we all know that's going to happen weekly to different people and will likely leave some upset, can't please everyone. I never saw you on aim until the end of the event pretty much right before I freestyled. From here out IMO if you're not sure if an event's qualifying is or isn't going on you should still send a message to clarify it with someone as soon as possible so this doesn't happen often again.

I really enjoyed myself last night. Can't believe how quick the event went! Nice to run with you guys for the first time in AGES... Really hope I can make more events, last night I lucked out cause the events are usually supposed to start with an hour left in my shift... And I guess Casey got called in or something.

Cool to see some guys I've met in the public lobbies holding their own out there.

But yes, I had fun, and the trucks that came in the patch look AMAZING

I posted clearly that if you wanted to qualify, to message me on AIM. 34 people did so, not my fault you didn't Tim. Also, the event was Pushed Back, not postponed, not cancelled, but pushed back. In reading Casey's post, yes, it was a bit unclear, however you did not see the word "cancelled" in there. By that, you must assume that there could be a later update as to whether the event would be ran or not. Obviously 34 other people wern't confused and took time on the track, again, i say its not our fault some of you guys thought wrong.

Tim, you know i respect you, but common dude. . .I did qualifying just like i had done King of the Hill events in the past. I clearly posted:

QUALIFYING OPEN!

Message me @ JoshDIGRhodes on AIM to qualify.

Just one page back in this thread. I don't hunt people down to qualify UNLESS were short on people to race. I'm sorry you guys missed out, i really am. Hell everybody that was talking in TS that night thought a matchup between Timmy and Kyle, or Kyle and Oggy, or Kyle and Tyler, etc, etc. could and WOULD have made racing alot more interesting even before the semi's. Its not our fault you took the original message the wrong way and didn't show up. Thats my two cents.

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I couldn't see josh's message because Google Chrome kept telling me the site wasn't working when I tried to get on it to check. This has been happening ever since you guys redid the site (which by the way, awesome job, looks good ;) ), but I can't use that as an excuse 'cause I was checking AIM. Oh, well, Bring On Detroit (my hometown track). B)