Show Your Projects: Chapter 8

Casey Graves

Here's a track I've slowly been working on. What's everyone think? Still thinking of what to do about freestyle but that'll come later once racing is finished.

There is one problem I see with it. The berms or whatever you want to call them, they are to close and points towards the turn and not straight with the turn like it should be.

First off.....Awesome projects everyone.

Deathwish I like what you're thinking but I'd bring the berms out and maybe actually have the trucks jump or roll over the berm into the straight away. Then you can widen out the berms and make them handle the trucks better.

Alright, I'm a little confused about that. I'm no expert on MX/SX racing, but based on my video game know-how, the berms are there to help you make the turn faster instead of being something to avoid if that's what you're talking about. I'm going to agree with Ryan, though. I'd move the ends out at the middle and make them reach all the way around the turn or at least make the middle meet with the inside of the racing lane. I think I can see how it would work with the way you have it, though. I'm just guessing at this, You start the berm and ride it around and then launch out the end to propel you around the turn. If that's the case, I think you ought to try putting another berm at the other end of the track to make that turn too. Maybe for half the turn or the whole thing. But hey, it's your track, not theirs, and you do what you want with it. If you like it that way, then stick with it. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

• Upvote 2