The Future of Monster Jam

MonsterJam2008

Here is a video of where I think Monster Jam is headed, I still think there will be racing but a bigger emphasis will be put on a big move or new trick.

I'm still undecided on whether I like the idea or not. Do you think this is the future? If so do you support it, or are you against it?

If you guys haven't noticed already, Monster Jam is all about the kids. Not adults or adolescents. Just. Kids.

The frustrating part is back in the 90's it was racing only with a non-scored freestyle, and as long as they crushed the cars and did donuts, the crowd went wild. The thing is, I thought back in 2004 with normal sized obstacles and nothing with a damn backflip ramp on it was perfect. The way Monster Jam has it right now. It is turning into a circus. But the thing is, if Ryan Anderson's neck injury wasn't enough to tell them that what they're doing is over the top and dangerous. Then someone is gonna end up in a wheelchair, a breathing tube, or worst of all, dead.

• Upvote 5

I mean that stuff is cool with the motocross or whatever, but I seriously hope Feld don't take it that far. I honestly don't have a problem with backflip ramps. Not saying they are my favorite things by all means. But I DO have a problem with, as stated above, drivers getting injured. If Feld sees that drivers are getting injured, which is a really rare occurrence in the sport, then somethings need to change.

• Upvote 2

First let me start off by asking "was that a wheel chair back flip i just saw wtf??? This is how i see this topic thread:

The sport of Monster Trucks has evolved and taken many forms over the years if we all sit back and think about it. Remeber the days of just a 2 car crush? Then came sled racing, then time trials, side by side drag, j style racing chicago racing, freestyle etc. Thru all of that one thing was a constant variable.USHRA. There is no more USHRA. USHRA was a true sport and the companies focus was sport and racing herritage and tradition. I had bad feelings for monster trucks when PACE Motorsports came into the picture back in the mid 90's. PACE was the type of company where monster trucks was just a carny act of sorts, just a piece of monopoly asset that they could sell later down the line for money and or favors. USHRA was dedicated to the sport and lived and breathed the sport and the struggle.PACE was entertainment driven. Then PACE did what we all knew they would do and that was sold Monster Jam over to good old Feld Entertainment. Key word Entertainment. I live near the headquaters and near the CEO of this company. Pass his huge as mansion about 3 times a week when i visit my ole lady. This guy could care less for the sport of monster jam only the money it brings in. I don't like to pre judge people but who can deny me? If he really loved the sport it would show in his product let's be serious on that one. But if you do a little Feld Entertainment history that is what they are about and always have been about. There main source of rapid income and stardom was the Barnum Baliey Bros. Circus(i think i got it right)..Key word again my friends Circus, exactly what Monster Jam has become. As young men grow older from being little guys attending there first monster truck show the way they look at the sport changes as well.Feld does not care about that, and why? well its easy the money of the economy is run by parenthood childeren kids youngsters or little ones if you will. A parent will do anything in the world and would spend whatever they can afford on there children. Biggest screw job in America, promising a future to kids and to their kids and so, fourth goes the epic economical cycle.This is jall just a case of Selling Out imo. This is nothing more than my opinion take it as such think about it and at some point of your dwelling you will feel where i am comming from with this thanks for taking the time to read my post.

HAK D.

• Upvote 1

If you guys haven't noticed already, Monster Jam is all about the kids. Not adults or adolescents. Just. Kids.

The frustrating part is back in the 90's it was racing only with a non-scored freestyle, and as long as they crushed the cars and did donuts, the crowd went wild. The thing is, I thought back in 2004 with normal sized obstacles and nothing with a damn backflip ramp on it was perfect. The way Monster Jam has it right now. It is turning into a circus. But the thing is, if Ryan Anderson's neck injury wasn't enough to tell them that what they're doing is over the top and dangerous. Then someone is gonna end up in a wheelchair, a breathing tube, or worst of all, dead.

It's funny you call it a circus too. With all the tracks being pretty much Chicago style I've been calling it a one ring circus for years. They could be working big obstacles into a racetrack like other promoters have done in Pocatello or Montreal. I'd even like to see some crossover tracks in some of these big stadiums. It probably won't happen until they have some real competition from another promoter though which I think is far off in the future. The 90's were the golden era and now fans (kids) would not appreciate a show like that. I've given up on seeing Monster Jam change and now just hope someone like Rich Schafer or Ed Beckley can get to a point where they can compete with them. I hope the drivers speak up and get backflips out unless it's a planned side show stunt where they have time to line up properly and do it in a safe way.

• Upvote 1

Look at what FELD has done with Nuclear Cowboyz. Nitro Circus Live is exactly what nuclear cowboyz is. A show. Not a sport, a show. It looks like the only thing FELD has going in the right direction is Supercross. Monster Jam needs to go back to 2004-2007. I think some of the best shows and competition EVER has come out of thoes years.

• Upvote 1

Look at what FELD has done with Nuclear Cowboyz. Nitro Circus Live is exactly what nuclear cowboyz is. A show. Not a sport, a show. It looks like the only thing FELD has going in the right direction is Supercross. Monster Jam needs to go back to 2004-2007. I think some of the best shows and competition EVER has come out of thoes years.

That's when it was owned by Live Nation, so you can tell immediately after FELD bought it, it was heading to the circus.

Let's just thank god the Marvel Monstergeddon show didn't happen this past weekend

Monster jam right now is as good as ever. They race fast and freestyle like theres no tomorrow or as big as they feel, so wether you like crazy freetyles or controlled freestyles they satisfy both fans. Only problem is no points system so the world finals, as great as it is, not a lot of people get a fair chance at it. If FELD dicides to go in that direction i will not be attending a show. And ryans injury was a accident, guys grow up, this is not a game of paddy cake, accidents will happen