Show Your Projects Chapter 15!

JoshDIGRhodes

current facecount is 50k quads if i duplicate the diffs. The gamecube had an upward face limit of 1.5 million and the average scencount on a typical online jam with 4 sm trucks is about 500k.

i am not concerned.

Not to mention i just discovered that LOD's are really easy to do. and i'll be replacing any non essential models at a distance with a blank prop. So say, the inner axle props on the diff would disappear at a distance when you can't see them without really trying and mashing the reduce FOV key. or the steering wheel would be replaced with a really thin sillouette of a wheel, the steering box would disappear, the inevitibly vert heavy footrest would disappear, the throttle lever would disappear and so on.

this should actually be less processer heavy then V3 which, in all honesty, is ironically horribly unoptimised

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

• Upvote 13

What?

Edit:

Posting progress on beastie due to me going PHOWAR when i put the new cleats on

And more on the inside

And since the work i put into this bastard isn't enough, just think how awesome it would be to have this

Go go gadget facegen

DAFUQ is up with those tires?

They're supposed to be like the stereotypical rear wheels on a late ninteenth century traction engine

JohnFowlerTractionEngine.JPG

Obviously i had to keep them looking like regular tires. i've since updated and i'm painting them right now. Since rubber at the turn of the century wasn't strong enough to support sidewalls, the tires will have a worn, dry and cracked "solid" rubber tread, with brazen leather sidewalls, seperated by a thin brass strip to keep it all together. it's already looking gorgeous

Nice. Well, if you know me, once I start something I can't put it down to save my life, and this is no exception. I've got the new body done, and a lot quicker thanks to PC's tutorials he posted. (Might wanna post those in their own thread so we don't have to dig through the old project threads to find them, bro) So big thanks for that! Well, here it is so far, the new RoR Outrage!

ROR_OUTRG-2.png

• Upvote 4

Yeah i'm redoing the series end to end, which'll cover everything in detail. i don't want to release them sparrodically because i'm lazy and making all the graphics takes time. and people will inevitibly complain that their blood miridian of monster trucks can't be finished until i explain the vast mysteries of UV mapping

also you may want to extend the bulge in the rear fenders to "balance" the fender's sight weights a bit

unfortunately my pc wont let me post a picture of my jacksonville 2011 track on here but i did upload the pic to roroutlaws in their s.y.p. chapter 1, from my progress last week. :D ITS STILL IN DA WORKS but i just need to find the ogre exporting tool. if you wish to comment on it please do, i like feedback. sorry fur the inconvenience.

some tweaking to the miniature table-top and the small-square-thingy-jump, the track might be fair. -_-

i got blender 3 weeks ago and it best thing ever.

The old:

RoR_Outrage-5.png

And the new:

ROR_OUTRG-3.png

Decided to go whole-hog on the restart and make it a completely new paint job. I love it personally, but what do you guys think? Also, I can't decide on what color to make the chassis. I never really did like colored chassis unless the truck could pull it off like CC or Grave Digger, but I'm open to suggestions.

• Upvote 3