Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2013

Roach

I'm kind of wondering whether or not Maximum Destruction will have a new scheme for the 2014 season. I mean, his 10th anniversary would be over, so would he go back to the old scheme he had, or switch to a new one? If you ask me the scheme could use a bit of an update, just for variety if anything.

I'm kind of wondering whether or not Maximum Destruction will have a new scheme for the 2014 season. I mean, his 10th anniversary would be over, so would he go back to the old scheme he had, or switch to a new one? If you ask me the scheme could use a bit of an update, just for variety if anything.

Since Grave Digger didn't update its scheme after its 30th Anniversary, I wouldn't expect Max D to change either.

Imagine somebody just getting into monster trucks and they see "Max-D". It's so odd to abbreviate a truck's name to what people "in the know" refer to it as. Obviously there is the internet now, so people can find out what it means in 5 seconds. Still, it's an odd choice that is totally unnecessary.

I think it was abbreviated to make "Decade of Destruction" work with the same.  Maximum Destruction Decade of Destruction sounds horrid... 

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I really don't think they would go and re-name someones truck.  Max-D makes no apparent sense, and it's just a nickname fans adopted, because spelling out and or saying Maximum Destruction every freaking time something worth mentioning about the truck (which is almost every event I should add) is just plain pointless.