How To Get Addon Trucks To Work

Metallica530

Question

First off, let me say that I am terrible with computers. Always have been, always will be.

Heres my main problem.

When I go to download a single truck (Grave Digger 2006 for example), I get it out of my downloads, throw it in the RoR folder in my documents, and into packs (right?). What am I supposed to do after that? I try putting the complete folder in the smv4 pack, then it brings up a small window saying "Compressing..". Then I regen/clear the cache but, then it brings up an error.

I also tryed removing all the contents of the folder and then putting them all in packs. If I can remember correctly, this takes all my other trucks out of the cache, and it puts the new truck I just got into it, and the truck also has no engien sound.

Honestly I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, so if I can get some assistence here, I would greatly appriciate it.

7 answers to this question

Here is the easiest way to solve this. Take EVERYTHING out of packs. Open the SMV4Pack Zip file and extract it to Vehicles in the Rigs Of Rods folder inside your "My Documents". All the files of the pack should be in there at this point. Then, whenever you download a truck, open the Zip file of said truck, and repeat the process. Extract the contents into vehicles with all the other files. Then you should be all set and everything should be working properly.

Hope this helped!

Can someone make a video on step by step how to do this, because I did EXACTLY what Mark said to do( At least I think I did). I think it would help me and maybe some other people if someone could do this on video. Thanks :)