Music thread

SilverWolf

Really? I've read that "Friend of a Friend" was the only song about Kurt.

Well, some of the newer songs from Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace and Wasting Light did mention Dave's past with Kurt, but I think that's it.

Kurt was born in February. My Hero is for sure about Kurt. There are bits and pieces of A LOT of Foo songs that are about Kurt.

Ehh, many people say that. From what I've seen from quotes by Dave (from here):

February Stars: "Just a song about hanging on by the tips of your fingers and hoping you don't slip and fall."

My Hero: "That's my way of saying that when I was young, I didn't have big rock heroes, I didn't want to grow up and be some big sporting hero. My heroes were ordinary people and the people that I have a lot of respect for are just solid everyday people - people you can rely on."

Not trying to prove you wrong, just pointing out what I've seen.

Well to continue with the Foos theme, this I gotta say is the best live video from them. It may not be the best performance sound wise, but you really get the sense of how it sets in for Dave that over 80,000 people have come to see them. Shows how much of an impact they have on the modern rock scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC9knDTlc-Y

February Stars: "Just a song about hanging on by the tips of your fingers and hoping you don't slip and fall."

Doesn't that translate to getting over Kurt's death? lol I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just pretty damn sure it's about Kurt.

Foo's at Wembley is one of the best shows I've ever watched.

Doesn't that translate to getting over Kurt's death? lol I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just pretty damn sure it's about Kurt.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

"February Stars

The lyrics are said to be about "hanging on by the tips of your fingers and hoping you don't slip and fall." This song dates back to at least January 1994, when an early take of the song with alternate lyrics, titled "Dave/Acoustic + Voc" was recorded by Grohl and Krist Novoselic on Harmonium during Nirvana's last recording session."

From what I can tell from this, the song was started much before Cobain's death.