Private Truck Requests

runt9

Guys, I really want to thank all of you for the kind words and enthusiasm for the trucks I've made. Believe me, I still plan on making many more. I know a lot of you out there would like your very own custom truck that fits you like a glove, like I have already made for myself and Robbie Milburn. However, I have already received a number of private requests asking for certain trucks to be built. I have no problem making them, in fact it's my pleasure to make them for you. However, you must keep in mind that I work a 40 hour week and generally do not spend my weekends at home in front of the computer anymore. I will try to get to everyone's request in due time, but I'd like to make this a little more formal so that I have more information up front and can get to your truck when I have the available time.

So without further ado, I am officially accepting private truck requests. Here are my standards on what I can/cannot do at this time:

Will not do:
1. I will not do replicas. I do not have the attention to detail in painting to make accurate replicas. I will only create custom trucks.
2. I will not do any custom body work. You get to pick a body from a truck that already exists, and I will paint it for you.

Cannot do:
1. Fancy custom paint jobs. I'm talking you want the Sistine Chapel on your truck. I can do flames, I can do awesome text, I can do some blending, but if I don't think I can handle your paint job, I will tell you up front before getting your hopes up.
2. New tires/engine models. I just don't have the modeling skills yet. I will learn eventually though.

Can do:
1. Custom chassis work. If you have a design in mind, I can build it from scratch. If you want a slight modification to something that's already there, cool, I got it. Just expect this to take a little more time, of course, since creating a full chassis from scratch is probably about 6-8 hours of straight work.
2. Recolor any part of the the vehicle. If you want the shocks and drive shaft to be a different color, cool, let's do it.
3. Make custom shocks. I do have the modeling skills to pull this off. Just expect it to take a while because it's about 4 hours to make them and another 3-4 to texture them.

So, before you go PMing me with "cn u mk dis trk 4 me plzplzplz!", think about the guidelines above, and please follow the form below:

Here's what I need in a PM:
Truck Name:
Chassis style (if custom, please provide picture/data):
Body style:
Tire style (specify beadlocks or no beadlocks as well):
Other custom work:
Paint Job (please have picture or definitive concept):

And that's it! I'll put you on the list and you will be notified when your truck has been brought into the facility for work. You will have a rough estimate of completion time upon sending me the PM as well as when I begin work on it.

• Upvote 3

first off, runt said to PM not to PUBLICLY POST ON THIS THREAD! jesus some of you guys dont even bother to read at all.

second just because a truck doesnt appeal to you does not give someone the green light to voice their negative view of it and vice versa.

move along now or this will be locked

• Upvote 6

I guess I missed a party earlier... Thanks Sean.

Guys, if you're going to take the time to PM me, please at least fill out the form. I had one person do it correct and 2 people do it wrong. I won't even respond to you if you don't properly fill out the form because if you didn't take the time to read my post, I'm not going to take the time to reply to your PM.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the current situation.

I've been going through some rough times IRL. Though I try not to let it affect me, I've been spending a lot of time talking to friends and working through some issues. This is making it harder for me to fill requests in a timely manner. I also thought I'd let everyone know what the current list looks like so you know how many people you're behind.

Another thing to note is that I am working on designing a web site from scratch for a special project, and I still work a 40-hour week. Those of you who want your truck done before Outlaws starts, I understand, but it's going to be nigh impossible to fill all of these before then. I love making trucks for people. It's fun. Just remember that I have a life, a job, and other personal projects I want to work on. Please do not expect these to be done overnight the instant you send a pm.

Anyways, here's the current list. I will update this as I go:

1. I am a sim monster

2. Obsession Racing

3. Spidermanmonstertruck5

4. DDT

5. Glen Milburn

6. JR Seasock

7. BigfootFanTV

8. Brad Shaw

Right now, the current list looks like it'll take about 3-4 weeks to complete. Please keep that in mind as you send in requests.

Thanks,

Alex "runt9" Vester