V4 Patch Statement

Outlawed

So, by more of the grip when sliding, do you mean like the huge sidewall grabs like V3 had? I honestly wasn't a fan of that, but with the current trucks they highside a bit, but a usual tap on the brake while turning can correct this? Can I get an explination on how these will supposedly handel like?

just a question is it possible for trucks to have swichable dif locks as some trucks runing dont apear to have front lockers/limited slip diffs, example: scoby doo,monster mutt dalmation, or is that asking for trouble with lag and setup?

someone will have to chime in here but I remember being told that open/split diff actually would be less ideal in a sea of full locked trucks because the overall power application and gearing would have to be changed but never would be as competitive as trucks full locked

• Upvote 1

i know its a lot of work to effectivly down grade some of the trucks i was just thinking realisticly would be nice to have to work even harder to keep it on all fours, the real trucks havent all got lockers maybe i'll work out the truck editer abit more and make my own (trucks without lockers still win races in the real world)

someone will have to chime in here but I remember being told that open/split diff actually would be less ideal in a sea of full locked trucks because the overall power application and gearing would have to be changed but never would be as competitive as trucks full locked

that means something is horrendously wrong as by and large, split/locked trucks are equally competitive in real life

• Upvote 1

I have never dabbled into  differential locking and that is just what I think was mentioned to me before, though I honestly cannot remember very well. My assumption past that reasoning is that the trucks were left locked, just as using the same power curve and gearing, was to put everyone on a level playing field when it comes to online racing. As for being competitive in real life, I would not go that far, 4 wheels pulling in any situation is almost always better then 3, maybe in other forms of racing but Monster Trucks have the advantage of full hydraulic steering and four wheel steering. And I do not even have to bring up why locked front diff is beneficial in freestyle, just go look at any crazy save in recent years. If Monster's were front steering only then yes a open front diff would be needed, but here in make belief land, I do not think it would be a positive outcome.

Now you have peaked my curiosity, I will look into open front diff and see how much of a difference to a locked diff it really is.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before or if this is even a good place to suggest it.. but...

Would it be possible to put the RII lights in the trucks for V4.5? 

Actually now that I'm typing this I realize this has probably been suggested and attempted already. <_<

The models for them are already in the trucks now. We do not have a way to make them function, though.

well function properly I am sure there is a way though the ROR flare system is rather "interesting" to work with

Couldn't you make them work with the headlights?

I'm sorry. I know I'm WAY late to the working RII light discussion, but my buddy Alex Weber got the lights to function on our old MTM2/RoR V3 Remake "Renegade".

(BTW, when I say Renegade was our truck, it replaced my Hot Shoe truck at the time. I drove it to my only MTM2 Championship. After I left MTM2, Alex took it over).

They are not tied in with the headlight command. Rather, they work via CTRL+1 and CTRL+2.

• Upvote 1