V4 Patch Statement

Outlawed

breakable trucks have been played with since Box5 originally released his Monster Jam truck pack. I know of  6-7 members (past and present) who have taken stabs at it and as I am sure you have guessed since we do not currently have breakable trucks, no one has been able to make a decently realistic breakable truck without some sort of compromise that ruins the drive-ability and makes them weaker then cookie waffers

I know no one gives a poo about my opinion, i'm just Jordan Wolfson, but i think honestly we should stick with 37. As with many players, i've been on both versions. 37 has better handling, it's more familiar, and we're more accustomed to make our stuff for that version. However, with so many old members, Josh, for example, retiring so to speak, it may the perfect time in the future. I just think we should late a little while. We just released V4 and are working on a patch so big, it's almost a V5.

this update is going to replace V4 replica pack, new trucks will be added and trucks that no longer exist or run will be dropped from the pack. that does not mean someone cannot update a old truck to the new settings it is just difficult to keep up with the most current up to date stuff and be dragging along extras.

If the new sounds are assigned to the trucks in the updated pack, does that mean custom trucks and such will have to be updated too and re-released? 

that will be up to your guys if you want to, the sounds are long overdue though. its the double edge sword of progress sadly

if we put in the patch the no longer running trucks won't be played with anymore ?

not sure what you meant here but trucks like Blacksmith, Retrofoot 16, 1/2 pint, Michigan Ice Monster, Nitro Circus, Pastranna 199, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Backwards Bob, Tasmanian Devil, American Guardian, Anger Managment, Bulldozer, etc will not be in this update. If there is someone out there that really liked one of these trucks, they could piece together one of the trucks mentioned and upload it to the site (Like WorldFinals for example has done).

Will the obsession in the patch be the same, or the purple and yellow body we switched to last year?

should be

So let me get this straight. Technically, this is V5, but not really. So the new update will replace all of the original V4 since there is new settings?

basically

I was just wondering, why get rid of the older trucks? You don't have to update them, you could just leave them in the pack unless there's a problem with that. I personally like Suzuki and Pastrana 199 and wouldn't want to see them go. Is there a reason you guys need to eliminate them?

All you have to do is save them separately from the V4 pack if you want to continue to use them when V4.5 comes out. They try to keep all of the trucks in pack current so it is as realistic as possible when events are run.

I was just wondering, why get rid of the older trucks? You don't have to update them, you could just leave them in the pack unless there's a problem with that. I personally like Suzuki and Pastrana 199 and wouldn't want to see them go. Is there a reason you guys need to eliminate them?

this update is going to replace V4 replica pack, new trucks will be added and trucks that no longer exist or run will be dropped from the pack. that does not mean someone cannot update a old truck to the new settings it is just difficult to keep up with the most current up to date stuff and be dragging along extras.
  • Upvote 2