Show Your Projects Chapter 21!

Mark Colineri

I swear this body will be the death of me. Hardest body I've ever modeled  <_<  :unsure:  :blink:. All parts of the body that are lumpy will be fixed.

I was wondering why the body looked a little weird to me, and then I noticed, the light panels on the bottom are not made yet.

I told ya to start with the 'spine' of the body, add the details onto it. i find that it helps perspective and scaling for the rest of the body, mabye it's just me but the hood looks a bit stubby, side things don't quite look flushed out with the curve of the body, and i swear i remember those bulges on the fenders being on the inside only, not across the entire front.

Also i noticed on the front

n3ihs33i_zps45c78469.png

you've taken the top ridge and extruded it along the arrow without rotation.

works for the extranious edge, as the shape of the curve is preserved, but not for the red edges i drew over

1-2_zpsd5c3a12b.png

rough and shoddy example, but what i do is take the curve i drew, rotate it to the 'end' loop, usually 90 degress, shape it up, scale it along Y since that's how real curves work, shrink it down a touch, loop cut the middle, mouve the outer bits out, clean up, make sure it's clean, loop cut either side, repeat

sculpts the curve nicely, shades it as it should be, doesn't break edge loops. A rule of thumb is to set the edge split modifier to about 35, anything that splits too much is a 'bad' surface. keep working on it until it looks right

Never did say that the front was completely finished. I know the curves aren't correct in the front, I just don't feel like editing it at the moment. I can't stand the edge split modifier anymore, I do all my splits manually now. And it looks stubby b/c of the angle it was taken. And none of my projects are up to your standards :P