Camera Question

Metallica530

Question

Been wondering about this for awhile now, but is there a way to adjust where the camera that moves around the terrain depending on your location is?  To clarify that, its the 2nd camera when you press C.  I've seen alot of videos with guys having a stationary camera in the stands while they're driving, and I didn't know if this was something with a recording device, or some other hidden thing that I still haven't learned about yet.  I know to edit the in-truck cam you have to go into the .truck file, and the other one you can movein game.  So, yeah. Camera #2:  Can it be repositioned?

6 answers to this question

To my knowledge you can't. With my experience, in toolkit, you can raise, lower, and move the camera all you want. Once in game, it's still in the same position it was at before. Upon opening toolkit, the camera position is back where it was before.

The best result I found was to mess with the actual track position itself.

The other stationary camera you mentioned is nothing more than another person in the same server recording from the free camera view (shift+c) while using a recording software such as Fraps or Bandicam.

I know exactly what he is talking about. He probably saw videos from Crazyman444 on his Youtube channel where the camera was in a fixed position but still following the truck without someone else recording another driver. That was a new camera in Rigs Of Rods Version 4, we were just testing some things out over there to see if there was any advantage to moving to a more updated version. This camera cannot be achieved in the version we run now, though. It is only available in the newer version of Rigs Of Rods.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

• Upvote 1