Donuts

Valv0line

Question

Maybe a dumb question, but is there any good way to get high-speed "cyclone" donuts in RoR?  I can get a few good rotations, but then the truck starts to tip.  It makes for a kickass freestyle run, but it's not a good, clean donut.

What I normally do, for donuts, is this:  Start in a circle, front and rear wheels turned the same direction...mash the gas as I let off the rear steer...keep the gas mashed down as I sorta balance the rotations out with the front wheels.

But, like I said, I can only get a few rotations before either the truck starts lifting, or the wheels grip up and I flip the love over.

13 answers to this question

In most leagues you will be counted down for doing that. They are considered "hack donuts." It's the same thing if you turn only the rear axel

What's the best way to do "real" donuts in a league?

I mean, I've seen plenty of Monster Jams where actual drivers do rear-axle donuts.

OK, I think we have confusion here. This is what I meant was "hack donuts," you are not allowed to do donuts like this as far as I know. This is what I thought Team Destruction meant, because doing this I have never flipped, pressing The right arrow key, and F2, for instance, I have flipped many times in first gear. Maybe i have it wrong, but from personal experience, the steering configuration shown below is considered "hack donuts."

screenshot176s.png

The truck won't flip if you start your donut in a stationary position and keep it in first gear. In second, it will eventually flip. Keeping a good throttle rhythm can keep the truck from flipping, but it may take some time to get right which will eat up FS time.

My way of doing donuts is to start driving in a straight line, kick out the back using the rear steer, and then teasing the throttle when the nose of my truck points the way I was going in a straight line to make for some sick travelling donuts.

I think the hack donuts should be called crab crawl donuts.  I usually do the same thing as rmnldr does and cut the rear steer while going straight and do moving ones then once the truck stays in one spot I turn the front tires and do a cyclone in second gear.