RC Monster truck help

Warwizard

I got an hpi wheely king and I enjoy it very much. My only problem is that I live in an area with no cool ramps or anything. If anyone could put pics of ideas in this topic that would help me very much.

Thank you,

Warwizard

I've tried that and I have popped the front driveshaft from doing so. Thank you for the idea but I'm kinda looking for something that could keep the truck from breaking and be creative. Thanks for the idea though

RC cars are going to break. I blew out the shocks on my traxxas slash. It happens. The parts arent to expensive unless its a motor or something major. I would make dirt jumps if you have a lot of dirt. Compact them down and get going. If you cant compact it too well, get some water and water it down, dont flood it though.

I like to use those parking lot curbs. Some of them at least where I run mines, are kind of in the grass/dirt, which leads to a nice jump to get some nice air. Or, you can also look around in Google for a skate park close to where you live. Or, you can go to Home Depot or something, and make a cheap ramp out of some wood. 

the cheap plastic skate kicker ramps work pretty well if you don't have space to leave something set permanent,

the big plastic nascars that you can find at toystores for $5 make about the cheapest crunch cars out there unless you have a track nearby and can get a donation of worn out race bodies donated...

baseball diamonds can be a fun place to play depending on the park... the pitchers mound/block often gets some interesting flight angles when i nail it with my TwinForce...

Breakages will happen with RC, trust me I've done it for 20 yrs now... and no offense to you traxxas owners but your rigs will break easier than anything else on the market...PERIOD  I've had no expirence with the wheely kings to tell ya how they handle impacts. but I can tell you my Kyoshyo Twin force has taken everything I've ever thrown it at...including literally throwing the truck across a parking lot on a bet that it would survive...$30 to my pocket that day so if you want something tough as nails find one on ebay, should be pretty cheap since no one seems to remember that they ever existed haha

the cheap plastic skate kicker ramps work pretty well if you don't have space to leave something set permanent,

the big plastic nascars that you can find at toystores for $5 make about the cheapest crunch cars out there unless you have a track nearby and can get a donation of worn out race bodies donated...

baseball diamonds can be a fun place to play depending on the park... the pitchers mound/block often gets some interesting flight angles when i nail it with my TwinForce...

Breakages will happen with RC, trust me I've done it for 20 yrs now... and no offense to you traxxas owners but your rigs will break easier than anything else on the market...PERIOD  I've had no expirence with the wheely kings to tell ya how they handle impacts. but I can tell you my Kyoshyo Twin force has taken everything I've ever thrown it at...including literally throwing the truck across a parking lot on a bet that it would survive...$30 to my pocket that day so if you want something tough as nails find one on ebay, should be pretty cheap since no one seems to remember that they ever existed haha

Trust me on the Traxxas part.  I've replaced just about everything on my older Stampede.  I even had to throw in a brushless motor a few years back, 'cause the reverse gear blew out of it...and I wanted to go faster. 

As for jumping, they aren't intended for it.  You can get away with the skateboard ramps, like Pitbul mentioned, but I wouldn't do it 24/7.  My only advice: buy body pins in bulk. 

when I was a kid I was talked out of a stampede and ended up being given the $ difference by one of the local racers to opt for the associated RC10T to replace my *at the time* 13 yr old Tamiya Frog... I abused the truck badly doing things the brothers up the street wouldn't dream of trying with their traxxas sledgehammers, threw it on the roof of the garage and drove it too the ground... started competeing with the truck, upgraded things for performance, never because I broke something,,,, 20 years later now my original T only requires a shock rebuild and a new set of diff rings and she's back in the game..

for about 8 years that good ole 10T was a weekly top 3 truck at Joe's Hobby Barn in Terre Haute In. both indoor carpet oval and outdoor offroad championships. brought 2 NORRCA road course event trophies, and after I finally replaced it with the "New" T3 for a few months I ended up leaving my hotel the morning before the event and drove from Matoon Il, to Cloverdale In, and back to pick it up out of mothballs and take 2nd in the SCRAM winternationals, beating out Brian Kinwald and one of AE's guys.    the only things I ever changed on that truck where parts nescessary to tune for a track... never because i broke it...

moral... traxxas = crap

I have the Traxxas Monster Jam Truck and it works fine for me. Parts are always there and they aren't too expensive. I've abused my truck a lot and never had to replace any parts so far, so i'm pretty happy with my truck. Believe it or not, their trucks are actually really durable.