The Musician Thread

Tom P.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the bump.  Finally figured out how to post pictures.  :P

It doesn't look exact, but it's roughly the same model as my guitar.  I've got an ESP LTD MH-1000

ESP_zpsca6b3d17.jpg

Can't play Rock 'N Roll without one of these.  :D

BossDS-1_zps0cf18b3e.jpg

Finally, that's going into my Peavey 30 Watt Vypyr amp.  Might need a cabinet to play with it on stage, but it works well around the house. 

Vypyr_zps65939438.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sj81eyf0dtpcgbz/IMG_20131005_185642.jpg?m

These awesome pieces is what I own ^^

Amps:

Vox VT15

GLX GT-35-B Bass amp

Guitars:

Ibanez GRG-LTD-LNB

BC Rich Bich Spider Web

Stagg B300-BK Bass

My first buy was the Vox amp with the BC Rich :3 I still love to play on it, but I am more into the Ibanez ^^ The Stagg was my latest buy and I'm thinking on buying an acoustic guitar too

Alright, question for ya guys.  Yamaha just released a new 1/3 scale travel size acoustic guitar.  It's got a natural wood finish on the front, and the back has a plastic, matte black finish.  Whole thing should cost about $200.  Can't remember the model name, but it's a REALLY nice guitar.  Anyone seen anything close to what I'm blabbering on about?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sj81eyf0dtpcgbz/IMG_20131005_185642.jpg?m

These awesome pieces is what I own ^^

Amps:

Vox VT15

GLX GT-35-B Bass amp

Guitars:

Ibanez GRG-LTD-LNB

BC Rich Bich Spider Web

Stagg B300-BK Bass

My first buy was the Vox amp with the BC Rich :3 I still love to play on it, but I am more into the Ibanez ^^ The Stagg was my latest buy and I'm thinking on buying an acoustic guitar too

I'm loving that Ibanez on the left dude.

Alright, question for ya guys.  Yamaha just released a new 1/3 scale travel size acoustic guitar.  It's got a natural wood finish on the front, and the back has a plastic, matte black finish.  Whole thing should cost about $200.  Can't remember the model name, but it's a REALLY nice guitar.  Anyone seen anything close to what I'm blabbering on about?

I have played the smaller Yamaha guitars. They are cool no doubt, but I mean you don't get quite the full, beefy sound from them like you do a normal Yamaha acoustic guitar. Its good if you are looking for a decent, accessible, and affordable acoustic guitar. But if you are looking around performance wise, then I would put in the extra to get a full size acoustic. 

• 2 weeks later...

So. After much deliberation, it has been decided. My college buddy Tony and I are forming a band. Support Your Local Gunfighters! The band is in its very early stages, we still need a drummer and vocalist, and have no music written. Essentially, we are a band that isn't together and we don't play. The alternative to alternative? But in all seriousness. My friend and I are forming a band. I will be on bass and my buddy Tony on guitar. He comes from a metal/scream background, and I from the thrash/funk/alternative side of rock. we will attempt to blend those genres once we find a drummer. So far we have just been jamming randomness and tying to make sense of it. Ill keep yall updated on this project of ours as we make head way on it. \m/ :angry: \m/

So. After much deliberation, it has been decided. My college buddy Tony and I are forming a band. Support Your Local Gunfighters! The band is in its very early stages, we still need a drummer and vocalist, and have no music written. Essentially, we are a band that isn't together and we don't play. The alternative to alternative? But in all seriousness. My friend and I are forming a band. I will be on bass and my buddy Tony on guitar. He comes from a metal/scream background, and I from the thrash/funk/alternative side of rock. we will attempt to blend those genres once we find a drummer. So far we have just been jamming randomness and tying to make sense of it. Ill keep yall updated on this project of ours as we make head way on it. \m/ :angry: \m/

Haha thats awesome dude. Play with friends in a band is the best.

Here is my new guitar.

6574134.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Welp I'll join

I play the guitar. But i used to play the(Alto Sax, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trumbone, Drums, Bass and Piano)

I have:

Guitars:

Epiphone p93 Riveria

Fender Stratocaster

Epiphone SG

Fender Acoustic

Squier Statocaster

87' Kramer ZX10

Amps: 

Peavy Viper II

Fender 15g(first amp)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III

Squier 15g

I used to play in rock band, but i moved. Now I have been in the jazz band for the past 4 years.

Might get back into a rock band, but into soccer more now.

I usually use Ernie balls idk what you guys use but those are my favorite.

Here are pictures:

mysgb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

myp93.jpg

mykramer.jpg

myfender.jpg

blackfnder.gif

• Upvote 1