Declining Quality

Ram27

Maybe I'm just getting old and comparing the present to the highly nostalgic past, but I feel like the USHRA (or whatever it's called now) is much worse. 

• The incredible lengths they go through to nice lady out AAP. 
  • All red and yellow cars
  • All ramps red and yellow
  • Tracks are mostly just dirt hills, no more interesting/notable obstacles
  • All tracks look the same (I can't even tell the difference between the recent world finals ones)
  • Trucks don't break as easily (no wheels falling off, not even the bodies fall off as frequently)
  • Hell, even the runs are hardly distinguishable, because of all of this
  • New trucks are ugly/gimmicky/overcomplicated

Just felt like complaining, I guess. Anyone else feel these feels?

• Upvote 4

I agree with a lot of things, but the one thing I dont is the wheels falling off thing. It's great that the wheels are getting harder to break off for the drivers/crew members that have to spend time and money fixing the damage, and it's great for safety purposes for fans, drivers, and officials.

Wait, I may be ready this wrong because i'm very stupid, but are you saying that trucks breaking less easily is a problem? I would argue that everyone that has to work on those trucks would disagree

Not to mention, freestyles are longer because of less breakages ending runs early.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe USHRA is no longer associated with Monster Jam.

All the "ADVANCED AUTO PARTS MONSTER JAM ADVANCED AUTO PARTS SERVICE IS OUR BEST PART MONSTER JAM MONSTER JAM TRUCK FREESTYLE" started when FELD Entertainment bought Monster Jam and AAP stepped up at the title sponsor.

So, yes I do feel you on this issue, but then again, I've been going to (and enjoying) MJ shows for quite a while now, so i'm kind of a hypocrite.

On the upside, they can have good ticket prices. I can go to a big stadium show for $20 where as a Checkered Flag Productions show at a small arena or speedway may cost me $30.

If someone were to pay me money like AAP did and pay for 3 of my trucks I'd paint my tracks Red and Yellow for them. 

Though the obstacles rarley change from show to show, they work, and provide a great show wherever MJ goes.

Trucks don't break? You want to spend hundreds to thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars weekly because your truck breaks? Yeah didn't think so.

hardly distinguishable? You must not be paying attention

But enough of what I don't agree with

I do however agree that there needs to be a little more variety in obstacles but I have no problem with a bus, jammer, double, and joker which is what we see quite often. 

Gimmick trucks I agree with but hey at least they aren't trying something new instead of the same thing year after year

• Upvote 1